372xpw build and port thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around here the fallers i've talked to about it will use any muffler they want except during the peak of fire season. If you want to keep it as stealthy as possible cut the stock deflector mostly off and fold it back. The stock opening can be opened about 3x as much. Then fold it back down and weld it back up. Or maybe braze it?
I believe there's enough room to get in there with the right burr if you just bend the middle of the deflector up. But a quarter inch shaft burr about 4" long would be nice to reach back in there to open it up. But the problem is the added heat on your hand. If it didn't need to be stealthy, I always try and add 1 on the right hand side blowing forward because of that reason

Sorry for the de-rail of the thread. When the time comes I will look into it and if I need I will start a different thread. Mod's are welcome to clean up my post's if you like to get the thread back on track.

I believe there's enough room to get in there with the right burr if you just bend the middle of the deflector up. But a quarter inch shaft burr about 4" long would be nice to reach back in there to open it up. But the problem is the added heat on your hand. If it didn't need to be stealthy, I always try and add 1 on the right hand side blowing forward because of that reason
Agree, do mine with a dremel. Have one on bench I just did. Member asked me if you could use 372oe case on 372xt and explained how to grind shelf down to allow cylinder to fit flush. Have done this many times, could you confirm this, do not think he takes my word it can be done. Maybe I am the only person that can.:laughing::happy:

Sorry for the de-rail of the thread. When the time comes I will look into it and if I need I will start a different thread. Mod's are welcome to clean up my post's if you like to get the thread back on track.

You're fine don't worry.

Agree, do mine with a dremel. Have one on bench I just did. Member asked me if you could use 372oe case on 372xt and explained how to grind shelf down to allow cylinder to fit flush. Have done this many times, could you confirm this, do not think he takes my word it can be done. Maybe I am the only person that can.:laughing::happy:

I've never gone OE case with a xt top end. Only the other way around. I always convince guys to ditch the XT top lol.

My builder case is a 2065. I've ground a dozen down so they fit. Put a ring in the bore, slide a piston in upside down and mark the extension. They actually run well like that as it unshrouds the transfers a little

Back