• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy HD33 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlguy

10 yo grandson using 024 Super
Reaction score
Looking for an HD33 carb to install on an MS280 to eliminate the carb w/ soleniod.

Thanks. I just printed out the diag procedure that someone posted from the Stihl manual, will double check the wiring and solenoid to verify. Most likely it will need a carb replacement(w/o the solenoid).

I just checked the resistance thru the harness to the solenoid, all w/in specs. The diagnostic flow chart says to replace the ignition module!!!!?????? I'm leaning towards the carb. !!!!

I'm learning more and more about this saw, problem is, nothing is good about it. If you switch to a regular carb., supposedly you have to switch the flywheel and module???? Don't waste time looking for the carb., it's my nephews saw, I'm going to suggest a new saw.
Thanks for your help.

Intake boot, fuel and impulse hoses are all fine. I removed the intake boot to inspect it. I just can't see dumping $$$$ into this saw unless it is a simple fix. my nephew has had it for 16 yrs. so he got his use out of it.

Latest posts

Back