Straight Gassed MS461 Value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, its home. $150 out the door. It definitely needs a piston, but I haven't taken the jug off to see the condition of the cylinder.

picture.php

I will tear into it tomorrow and see if I made a good or bad deal.

Alright, its home. $150 out the door. It definitely needs a piston, but I haven't taken the jug off to see the condition of the cylinder.

picture.php

I don't need another saw to work on but would of given $200 in a heartbeat. Probably 300ish if it were on eBay I expect. I

I can honestly say, that even with all the negative reviews of the MS660 kits, I
I don't need another saw to work on but would of given $200 in a heartbeat. Probably 300ish if it were on eBay I expect. I
Tell that to my wife. She doesnt understand my obsession, and I could feel her roll her eyes through the phone when I told her the deal I got.

Got a smoking deal. I would make that deal every week even if I had ten already.

Since you saved money you could get it ported now :clap:

Got a smoking deal. I would make that deal every week even if I had ten already.

Since you saved money you could get it ported now :clap:

I was thinking about that, but dont trust myself to do it. Can a cylinder just be sent to somebody who does it, or would they need the whole saw to match it to the piston? Also, what does a sporting job typically cost?

picture.php

Congratulations, I can tell you already this is a massive "You Suck"

Looks clean, and good price! I'm in for pics after disassembly.
What year is the saw?
The only year I could find says 2012.

Also, if I go the Meteor route for the piston, are Meteor rings of quality, or should I still order Caber?

Well I was way off on the year, but I still don't know exactly, I found an EPA registration sticker with 2017 listed, so I'm sure its atleast that year or newer. Makes more sense since he said he only had it about a year and bought it new from a dealer.

Latest posts

Back