Husky 359 or echo 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigplow

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking at 60 cc saws these to came to mind there price is good but I would buy new echo just looking for a little bigger firewood saw I have a dolmar 510 and husky 55 rancher

I have to agree with everyone on this as well. The 55 is a good saw and I don't think you will notice much difference if only going up

That or for the money have someone port the 55. Keep it light and pick up some power. Is yours closed port.

Not sure if it's a closed port or not if I upgrade to a bigger saw it will probaly be sold to help fund the new one it's pretty beat up but runs good I got it used traded a bmx bike I had not a dime in for it

Not sure if it's a closed port or not if I upgrade to a bigger saw it will probaly be sold to help fund the new one it's pretty beat up but runs good I got it used traded a bmx bike I had not a dime in for it

Honestly, if it's beat up but runs good, I wouldn't bother selling it. A 55 like that won't really fetch much, and it'll be worth more to you kept as a backup. My .02, anyway.

A Echo CS 590 is going to be way ahead of a Husky 55 in cutting speed, never ran a Dolmar 510, Steve

I have run the 55 and own the 590. The 590 is not way ahead of a 55.

I like the 590 but if he is wanting to step up then he's going to need to go to a 70cc class saw like everyone is saying to see an appreciable gain over the 55.

I have run the 55 and own the 590. The 590 is not way ahead of a 55.

I like the 590 but if he is wanting to step up then he's going to need to go to a 70cc class saw like everyone is saying to see an appreciable gain over the 55.

I've run a couple different Husky 55 saws, no way are they even close to a Echo CS590. If you have a closed port 55 that help a lot in cutting speed, the open port ones are dogs. Steve

Most 60cc saws i run seemed a good step up from the new husqy 55 i used to own. Never run the CS590 , had the Jonsered version of the 359,ran good and strong but felt bulky for 60cc to me. Prefferd my stihl 034 which to me handles more like an 50cc saw. I think the cs590 with a good muffler mod and tune would be the better all around saw.
60 and 70cc are both my favorite all around. Prefer the 044-ms440 in 70 for weight and handling.

I've run a couple different Husky 55 saws, no way are they even close to a Echo CS590. If you have a closed port 55 that help a lot in cutting speed, the open port ones are dogs. Steve
You must have run across some pretty hammered 55's is all I can think. The one my neighbor had ran like a scalded dog. It's what had me wanting to get one awhile back.

Either would be a step up in power and av (and weight unfortunately) as a replacement for a 55.
I'd also be looking at the husky 555 and dolmar 6100...

Or an 036, or a....etc, etc...

The 55 saws I ran were open port (as most were)and tuned good , for couple of years they made closed port models which ran quite a bit better I've heard. I did timed cuts with the open port Husky 55 against one of my muff modd Echo CS400 40cc saws, the little Echo cut about 3 seconds faster in a 15 second cut. Those open port 55 saws are dogs . Steve

Latest posts

Back