Will Dolmar 421 pull .325

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd NEVER return a good new saw at a good price over what chain setup it came with. This saw will outlive many bars & chain & sprockets so why don't you see how it cuts then order another bar/chain/sprocket in LP. .325 is smooth and durable compared to Picco, for me speed isn't everything, but its definitely important, and small saws needs all the help they can get. Nothing wrong with having a spare bar giving you options. Options are good as wood is not a constant.
Hi CR888
I ordered 3/8 so the little fellow would have the best chance,
I would not have ordered such a small saw in .325.
If the seller has a 3/8 version, we can swap, or even just the
B&C and clutch drum, if am out of luck then a shorter
bar in .325 will ease the discomfort enough.

@42cc is the max rated for Oregon 91 chain. You can get into rim drive but not in the parts sheet. An alternate choice is Stihl where you can run that displacement class 7 tooth rim in above chain.
This EA4300 has a 7 tooth clutch sprocket, but am I right in thinking
that a 6 tooth drive is used for 3/8 low pro, the teeth spacing must be
different given the chain links are spaced different.

I've got a EA4300, came with 0.325 with a 18'' bar, swapped to a 15'' bar and Sthil narrow kerf 0.325, with a muffler mod it pulls well track clearing and campfire wood.

I've got a EA4300, came with 0.325 with a 18'' bar, swapped to a 15'' bar and Sthil narrow kerf 0.325, with a muffler mod it pulls well track clearing and campfire wood.
Glad to hear your happy with the .325 , what is the Stihl chain number your using,
never had Stihl Narrow Kerf.

my EA4300 has a 16" BPX bar with Oregon .325 20LP chain. Also has cat removed.

Pulls very well for a 42/43 cc saw.
Good idea to get rid of the cat. Waiting to see if the seller wants the saw back, or if they will just swap out the .325 for 3/8 Low Pro setup.

Back