Tough decision to make on choosing a saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a whole bunch of those idiots around here! :crazy2:

PS, many of those older saws are the best ones ever made to date.

Sorry about butchering your post.
Haha

agreed! Things were made much better back then. I have a thing for 60’s, 70’s 80’s garden tractors. They were built like tanks and Id buy one of those over any of the new offerings any day.

I wish the bean counters and "stylists" stayed out of it. Today's equipment could be so much longer lasting if that were the case.

Obsolescence is built-in. Obviously. So are gizmos for nothing..

Im an idiot! I had the stihl guide right in front of me and have no idea how I got the 63 instead of 26. Must of been having a brain fart moment. No wonder I couldn’t find it online last night. I just came up with several places once I used the correct number. Found a good buy on ebay for it, shows it in a stihl box with stihl part number for $22 and free S&H. Hopefully it’s the real deal and not a switcharoo.

and I’m not afraid to sharpen a chain. I’ve got a shop full of tools, many of which are metal working tools. Getting ready to forge my own Hookaroon using the forge I built and the 2x72 belt grinder I built myself.
My concern wasn’t the sharpening process, it was whether there was actually anything to be gained by a full chisel (time wise) once sharpening time was factored in.

thanks guys for taking the time to help this old redneck. I can’t stay away from this website. I find myself constantly reading post after post here. I have a serious tool addiction and Im getting a chainsaw addiction. I’ve already got plans for others I want. I really want a small top handle saw, and i would REALLY like to find a dead Husky 346xp to rebuild. Heck i plan to start watching craigslist for old school pro saws that need brought back to life.

was driving by this small engine shop the other day and seen this old saw in the window, was the oddest thing I’ve ever seen. The bar on it almost looked like a squished O. I wanted to run in and buy it.
I think I warned you about CAD when you joined this site. I was warned early on as well but I didn't listen either. Join the club. I guess some needs to start a "chainsaw anonymous" group for all us chainsaw addicts.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back