splitter addiction syndrome

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like a combo of an ISO core and an x27. Take both to a splitting site. What won't split with the x27 is set off to the side for a date with the isocore.
If the isocore won't do it I burn it in the brushpile. I also have an X11 that I like for kindling.

I had been watching Walmart for and x27 but they never had one. A week ago, I checked and they had one for $25. It had a piece of plain cardboard taped over the cutting edge like maybe someone brought it back? I couldn’t tell if it had been used. I would have bought two at that price if they’d had another one.

It's a stupid addiction .
I've got several wedges and mails, regular hydraulic tow behind ATV splitter,a cone that's DANGEROUS (only use it with me sitting on the tractor and nobody within 50' or better,and a 3point hydraulic ram splitter...
Wife keeps asking when I'm done splitting wood.Why don't I go fishing or hunting, maybe play a round of golf...
I enjoy it,need the exercise (sitting in a truck most weeks),
have a trenching/backhoe business on the side,should buy wood or not use it,but cleans up the farm and fence rows at the same time.
I'm pretty sure that it is not economical for MYSELF to cut and burn firewood.

Latest posts

Back