Next saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph W Santora

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My GF got me a 572xp as an early Xmas present and I'd like a smaller one to do the lighter stuff. Maybe a good limbing saw. I've read good things about the 346xp and was wondering about the relationship between chain speed and limbing. How does that work and would a higher RPM saw be better?

Thanks in advance
Joe

My GF got me a 572xp as an early Xmas present and I'd like a smaller one to do the lighter stuff. Maybe a good limbing saw. I've read good things about the 346xp and was wondering about the relationship between chain speed and limbing. How does that work and would a higher RPM saw be better?

Thanks in advance
Joe

Makes me wonder, what saws do you already have except that 572?

If your ok with auto tune the 550XP is a KILLER limbing saw. Very fast chain speed and the “rev boost” and it is light weight.

But My preference, if i took an extra saw out there JUST for limbing it would be a 60cc with a 20” bar. My 562 was fantastic for it. But my 6100 will be better i think. It is a lighter saw and it feels much easier to whip around IMO.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

...If you can find a good used 346, that is my favorite 50cc saw.

Compared to what, your reference is just the 550 or the 261? Remember the guy already have a 572, perhaps weight would make the difference more than power - he already have that.

Compared to what, your reference is just the 550 or the 261?
?? No sir, I have ran many dozons of 50cc saws old and new, and own eight saws around 50cc at this time.

Ok you edited and elaborated your post. I consider all the saws I listed are quite light. The 420 is very close in weight to the 346 and 261ne. The 550 mark II has a little more weight but good ballance. The Echo is a good saw but anemic. The Stihl 241 is over priced and no longer available.

Yeah, I'm an honest guy - I ask you exactly what I don't know yet.

Do yourself a big favor and take a good look at a Stihl MS-241 C-M. That's if they are still available. Talk has been that they are no longer in production. Who knows for sure?

Anyways, I have one and it's a very good saw. One of the easiest starting saws I've had. Even when it's ice cold out.

?? No sir, I have ran many dozons of 50cc saws old and new, and own eight saws around 50cc at this time.

Ok, what 45cc saws have you experience with, since you already have a 572 that will put any of those saws to rest regarding power - there must be something else required to surpass it don't ya think?

I'd go for the weight.

Ok, what 45cc saws have you experience with, since you already have a 572 that will put any of those saws to rest regarding power - there must be something else required to surpass it don't ya think?

I have ran all of the modern 45cc saws and I own a ps421.

Are you asking why I prefer the 346 or 50cc saws in general?

"I can tell English is not your first language though, we can work around that."

You want to question my language capabilities as a counter attack for my disrespect to your pride? I like that, cheers mate!

"I can tell English is not your first language though, we can work around that."

You want to question my language capabilities as a counter attack for my disrespect to your pride? I like that, cheers mate!

?? That's not at all what I was saying, and I did not think you were being disrespectful. Now I have no idea where you are.

?? That's not at all what I was saying, and I did not think you were being disrespectful. Now I have no idea where you are.

Yeah, it's just that you wouldn't mention my language capabilities if I didn't question you some how. I might be a fool, but I sure don't like being treated as one. You recognize that?

No man, I'm not questioning your experience. I try to heathen up the discussion to test the conclusions.

Buttercup, I think you meant "Heat Up" the discussion, I don't know if it was a typo, or choice of words, but I suspect, that was what Andyshine's comment was regarding, I doubt he meant any disrespect, I have read many of Andy's posts, and he is usually very respectful

Andy, under Buttercup's Avatar/User name he lists his location as Osteroy, Norway

Doug :cheers:

Yeah, it's just that you wouldn't mention my language capabilities if I didn't question you some how. I might be a fool, but I sure don't like being treated as one. You recognize that?

It's clear you're looking for some type confrontation I'll pass. I did not question your English comprehension, I was more or less pointing out the obvious. Your edits did help clear things up.

Sorry for the mess guys sometimes things get a bit off the rails.[emoji111]

Latest posts

Back