CENTRAL PA GTG. October 26,2019. (nuthin fancy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, are we good on food or should I throw something together to add to the spread?

Water is a must have! Water pleases the beer gods and keeps the demons of hangovers and silliness away.

I have some square ground ground loops for my 461, both skip link and full comp that I've been meaning to try out. I'll bring them as well.

@farmer steve — do you have an old trash bin or something both narrow and tall that I can put the keg into and fill with ice to keep cold?

Everyone: bring your growlers to take home some of this one-off AS-GTG Norwegian Blonde Ale.

Fellas, the beer is brewed and fermenting. It's a small beer (4.0% ABV) so it'll be done in a few days. It'll be in a 5 gallon keg, which is roughly 2 cases worth of beer.

As for the fun stuff I'm bringing all of my running saws, 462, 271, CS-400 and my old man's little Mac 110

I'm gonna bring some axes too if anyone is a glutton for punishment. Axes for chopping, not splitting ;)

I can't remember, did I offer to bring some food? What's the spread looking like so far?
I'd like to try some nice chopping axes.

I just looked around and have an old metal wash tub and also some plastic tubs that should work for that size.

yERpBwH.gif

I'd like to try some nice chopping axes.

Then some chopping you shall do! I'll probably bring my 4.5 Arvika, which is still not quite a good chopper, has need extensive modification... but they've got a reputation, so some may want a gander. Aside from that, I'll probably bring the following:
  • 3.5 lb Kelly Perfect Jersey, 31" straight shaft handle
  • 2.5 lb Kelly Red Warrior Double-Bit Cruiser, 28" handle
  • 1.0 kg (2.2 lb) Swedish Hults Bruk 'Wira' pattern, 28" curved handle
  • 2.0 kg (4.4 lb) Spanish, Basque Country Bruiser, 25" slip-fit handle
  • 1.5 kg (3.25 lb) Finnish Billnäs Collared Axe, 30" curved handle
  • 2.5 lb Swedish Wetterlings Hudson Bay Pattern, 26" curved handle
  • 1.8 lb Siberian, Russian - Toprsib Bobr Hunters Axe with Hardened Poll, 27" handle
If I can think of a few others that are performing well, I'll bring them too, but the ones listed above have been tuned to be very efficient choppers (and yes, splitters too)

I know this is mostly a Chainsaw meetup, I will be bringing my saws - I swear it!

Steve, looks like I'll miss it again. My daughter is treating us to a family weekend. My wife said I could drive up in my truck and spend a couple hours at your place. I have to see how far apart we are. I think the weekend is around Deep Creek Lake. I really wanted to stick the new Poulan with 31" bar and half" chain in some wood. It will be a last minute decision20190914_065844.jpg .

I’ll bring Jambalay. Wife has some more tests from the Dr. so I’ll just drive down Saturday and leave after cutting. I’ll bring Papa Smurf, 490 converted to 3/8 lp and @Red97 ported 590.
Echo is bringing a new 70cc saw to market and I still cant stop thinking about one of Joe's cs730 hybrids.

I’ll bring Jambalay. Wife has some more tests from the Dr. so I’ll just drive down Saturday and leave after cutting. I’ll bring Papa Smurf, 490 converted to 3/8 lp and @Red97 ported 590.
The camper is open Mark. Bring your sleeping bag. I'll fire up the furnace for ya.

Latest posts

Back