Luckily split piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tortola

Reaction score
Hi just signed up for this site been lurking for a while but now my lickity split needs help the ram started leaking Bad only on secound stage trying to get it a part any hints on how to relieve the major spring tension and does the whole cylinder come of or does it just come out the front any help would be great still got a bunch of wood to split

Hi just signed up for this site been lurking for a while but now my lickity split needs help the ram started leaking Bad only on secound stage trying to get it a part any hints on how to relieve the major spring tension and does the whole cylinder come of or does it just come out the front any help would be great still got a bunch of wood to split
What is the reason for taking the cyl apart?? Just to verify the Leaking part, is it leaking to the outside or leaking (bypassing) internally'.
Going to need pics or a better description of your cylinder. to many variables as it is.
Pic should be where the Ram (Chrome shaft) comes out of the gland/packing (the stuffing around the ram and in the barrel) you will likely need to take the cylinder off 'cuz there won't be enough room to stretch it out for tear down BUT you might be able to elevate the barrel and block it so everything clears.

Successful I think

Attachments

• 47C78F98-8699-4838-9260-9583B5A3DE17.jpeg
    47C78F98-8699-4838-9260-9583B5A3DE17.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • C1D8B363-B2FF-4A05-A082-D057650C76A8.jpeg
    C1D8B363-B2FF-4A05-A082-D057650C76A8.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 29
the ram seal/oring is broken in picture you posted.
might as well replace all the seals while its apart
take it, the ram and gland cap and old oring, to hydraulic store if your not sure what to order

Latest posts

Back