dumb beginner ran new saw for 2-3 min with brake on...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there's anything in the instruction manual of my truck that says "Don't ride the brake while you drive down the road," either.

If I set the brakes on fire and burn up the truck, can I turn it in for a refund/exchange?

"No workie! Want munnys back!"

I don't think there's anything in the instruction manual of my truck that says "Don't ride the brake while you drive down the road," either.

If I set the brakes on fire and burn up the truck, can I turn it in for a refund/exchange?

"No workie! Want munnys back!"
If you want to do that switch from reverse to drive and back a few times with one foot on gas (and one on brake for safety of course)

Hi everyone, I have been working on putting lye on some floors today I decided since we bought it at the orange box store and they charge full price for basically everything I'm going to return it and chalk it up to lesson learned... I figure I have spent over 10k at the orange box store remodeling my condo I think it's ok...

(sorry echo) I did check out the stihl but for 200 more I just couldn't say yes...

BTW. the customer service didn't mention any of this meaning not running it with the brake on so Thank you to all who responded, I think I need some safety gear for this thing very different than my 14" electric I used in Los Angeles...

You should go in and tell them you screwed up maybe they will take pity on you If you brought it back to me and wanted another saw you would not get one and I would not sell you one again. read the manual if you buy another saw or anything else for that matter.

OP, Don’t take it back to where you bought it, there is just no way
the damage you did is because of a defect in the production or
the materials used in the saw. You will only make a complete
fool and liar out of yourself.

Maybe give the saw to someone who can fix it and run it for
their own use, as it may not be financially feasible to pay someone
to buy the parts and spend time on it, you could have cooked a lot more than
you see.

Great testament to Echo material quality I say.
If you can run the saw for 2-3 minutes at a speed suitable for the clutch to engage with the brake band on and not end up with a big pool of melted plastic on the condo floor- speaks volumes for the quality of plastic used by Echo in the build. :surprised3:

Great testament to Echo material quality I say.
If you can run the saw for 2-3 minutes at a speed suitable for the clutch to engage with the brake band on and not end up with a big pool of melted plastic on the condo floor- speaks volumes for the quality of plastic used by Echo in the build. :surprised3:
Are you serious?
Metal on metal for 3 minutes can melt steel.

That one ice storm we had, a lot of folks bought generators, then brought them back when the power came back on, saying that there was something wrong with it.
My bil works at the blue box store. After everyhigh wind he says its time for the chainsaw rental program to start

I bought a soda blaster at Harbor Freight a few weeks ago. The employee at the checkout felt it necessary to tell be that I couldn’t return the soda media if I used it. I felt very sad the some people would actually try to return such a thing.

I remember standing in line at a HF a few years ago. Someone was returning ratchet straps that had obviously been used. He said something about he was done moving, and didn’t need them anymore. I wanted to take him out back and ...

Then again, my printer told me it needed new ink cartridges. $70 dollars later, the printer still won’t print. Should I return the cartridges?

I bought a set of led tail lights for my boat trailer at Rural King. Get home climb under the trailer and go to open the plastic package. Back is scotch taped, oh oh! Pull them out, broken and rusted. Had to go back, manager told me you would be surprised at the things people do like that.

Nothing like trashing your dignity for a couple hundred bucks.

@OP take pride in yourself. Take the saw somewhere to have it fixed and if it cannot be fixed, junk it and buy a new one. Taking it back to the store costs everyone more money in the long run. HD isn't going to eat that loss, they're going to pass it on to all of us.

I screwed up so instead of owning up to it and pay for my own stupidity, I'm going to put it back in the box and take it back so other people can pay for it....shameful.

Back