Overspun rivets on new chains off EBay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Opinions please,would u feel comfortable using these or equipping saws for sale with? To me the outer part of the mushroom looks so thin it would wear away long before the normal life of the chain.

Attachments

• 20191020_213012.jpg
    20191020_213012.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 111
Not for long...LOL
What you doing up this time of day?
True if it's just a little bit tight not so true it's really stiff.

I am no longer four hours west of Atlantic time. I am now four hours east. I am in England learning how to cut a wider variety of hardwoods. I retired from cutting for two yrs. I probably didn't even see a chainsaw for that long. Now I live back in the country on the English channel and cut full-time on piece work.

I have yet to see a chain that wouldn`t break in, maybe it could be done so tight there is no give but I have seen many that took some lubricating, working/flexing with vice grips/ a pair clamped on opposing links, worked back n forth til they loosened a bit,then ran ok on a chain bar. I noticed the change in your location over on another site, wasn`t sure you actually relocated to the other side of the pond.

True if it's just a little bit tight not so true it's really stiff.

I am no longer four hours west of Atlantic time. I am now four hours east. I am in England learning how to cut a wider variety of hardwoods. I retired from cutting for two yrs. I probably didn't even see a chainsaw for that long. Now I live back in the country on the English channel and cut full-time on piece work.
Good to see you WBF. And glad to see you picked a saw up again. I wondered how long you would roam until you missed it. Must feel funny cutting on level ground.

Back