Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Halloween has come and gone, I was dressed in all black with a hockey mask on top of my head, hard to wear with my glasses. By the way, I was also wearing my Army of Darkness tee shirt...my grand daughter stopped by for her candy.

IMG_3081.jpg

Between trick or treaters I started putting together the shelving units I will be putting in the primary display area. I figure I can put 250-300 saws on the open chrome shelving plus another 100-200 on the walls depending on how densely I decide to pack them in. Next step will be to start cleaning up the saws that have been setting around in my current shop for the past few years and moving them over.

I have also been busy continuing to get things cleaned up throughout the building as contractors aren't big on cleaning up after themselves. Mrs. Heimann came over today and cleaned the drywall residue from the shower, I vacuumed and scrubbed the floors with my Hoover Floormate and for the first time you can see what the metallic filled epoxy actually looks like. I'll try to remember and get some photos next week.

I have also been active getting the shop ready for move in, I ordered a quantity of "Wall Control" panels a long while back using up some airline miles, hotel points, or something knowing I could use them eventually. More recently I ordered some additional panels in appropriate colors to further equip the shop for chain storage when I get started moving thing over. I have the galvanized panels up between the wall cabinets for the lathe, mill/drill, and surface grinder as well as some behind the work bench. The shelves between the fire proof cabinet and the workbench will be for rolls of chain and I will mount a breaker and spinner to the work bench to facilitate making chains. I already have all of my chain parts sorted and organized in a small parts storage cabinet to further speed the task of making or repairing chains.

20191102_172026.jpg

The table saw belongs to my younger son, easier to work in here for now as I hardly have room to turn around in my current shop with all of the stuff I've been collecting.

20191102_172037.jpg

You can also see that I have installed my air hose reels and a number of electrical reels so I don't have to drag extension cords or air lines around as I am working. I have been making several trips each week to the recycle station a block away clearing out mostly corrugated cardboard. Current packaging is from the bathroom accessories as I finally have all three bathrooms fully outfitted. The most used one is right through the door behind the attic ladder in the photo below, very convenient to the shop and straight through to the office.

20191102_172050.jpg

There is still an overwhelming amount of work to be done...

Mark

I went over this afternoon to see about getting the desk put together start organizing the office space. I took a few photos of the floors in the office and bedroom as well as the first set of shelves up in the display area.

20191103_140114.jpg

I have a ways to go on the shelves, I intend on having six rows of three each.

20191103_140121.jpg

It is hard to really capture the way the floors look, but you can get an impression from this.

20191103_140155.jpg

Mrs. Heimann picked out the accessories for the 1/2 bath adjacent to the shop.

20191103_171148.jpg

20191103_171119.jpg

The office before and after.

20191103_140218.jpg

20191103_171832.jpg

20191103_171821.jpg

If I can coordinate with one of my friends at church, I will try to go computer shopping this week to finish outfitting the office.

Mark

Latest posts

Back