tree service you could drop off all the hard woods for free at my house im in lebanon,pa

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor was burning railroad ties in his OWB...fortunately, eventually, the place where he was getting them from found out what he was doing with them and cut him off...but not until after it went on a couple years! He had to buy carbide rescue chains to cut the ties...and I heard he couldn't sell the OWB because it was totally coated with a thick layer of goo inside. o_O
Boy, I sure don't miss that's smell! Oooh that smell! :laugh:
I was the OP of the famous Neighbors burning railroad ties thread. I think he burned them all in 1 season. I'm not even sure he is using the outdoor burner at all anymore,,Propane is cheap these days.

Early in the 1970s when I was a pup learning the ins and outs of wood heat (sometimes the hard way, kitchen pots on the floor to catch creosote dripping from stovepipe joints) we had a neighbor, another young guy who was notoriously reckless. Someone told him to try burning utility poles for quick heat. Which he did. He and his wife wound up crouched behind the door in the next room watching their stove which was cherry red and trembling.

I've never had a problem getting local tree service operators to drop off loads. I get a few calls a month asking to drop whenever they are nearby. they know I can handle >"30 sticks and they have an easy in/out. Often they drive by and will ask to drop if they see a spot cleared . They also know I know my way around a saw and on a Sunday night I might have a clutch for a ms361 or 066....

Back