dolkita 7900 P/C part numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered part #038130910 and it was the newer kit with the decomp on the clutch side. My understanding is all the P/C kits are now superseded to the newer style.

Thanks for the info! I did come across part # 038-130-071 which I assumed was newer than the 070, but I can't find anything that shows the differences between the two other than price.

Are there any major differences between DCS7901 vs EA7900P ? It looks like the EA part number is a newer makita with decomp opposite the recoil side.

Thanks for the info! I did come across part # 038-130-071 which I assumed was newer than the 070, but I can't find anything that shows the differences between the two other than price.

Are there any major differences between DCS7901 vs EA7900P ? It looks like the EA part number is a newer makita with decomp opposite the recoil side.
The part number you mentioned is for the the new Makita EA7900 and the
Dolmar PS-7910. They are the same exact saw. The Makita is just the renamed version after Makita pulled the Dolmar name from the US.
Decomp is on the clutch side on these saws.

The Makita DCS7901 is the same saw as the Dolmar PS-7900, just in teal instead of red. Decomp is on the recoil side on these.

The top end I listed is a perfect fit for the Dolmar PS-7900 and the Makita DCS7901.
No need for a new top cover, or anything else for that matter. It’s never a bad idea to replace the decomp button, though.
It will fit any of the 64xx, 73xx and 79xx saws with the decomp on the recoil side.

The newer cylinders have a different exhaust port, to fit the SLR that sticks out of the muffler and into the exhaust port on the Dolmar PS-7910 and the Makita EA7900. The older saws don’t have the SLR.
There is also a different decomp button between the two top ends. Different lengths.

For an exact and easy fit, get the top end I listed above. If you don’t mind having to replace the top cover and decomp button, you can certainly get the 038-130-071. It’ll fit as well, just needs a few more parts.

The one I listed does not come with a base gasket. Just cylinder, piston, rings and clips. Just FYI.

I see. I actually bought a 7900 top end for a 6421 a year or two ago, and it had the decomp on the recoil side. I don't recall if it was slab or window piston, but was assuming that since the decomp matched the older saws it would also be the older style piston.

The reason I'm investigating this now is that my DCS64xx saws are multiplying. I now have three of them and starting to think that two of them are jealous of the one that has the 7900 top end. I just wanted to make sure whatever I buy will have the newer lighter piston.

Thanks for the help

I see. I actually bought a 7900 top end for a 6421 a year or two ago, and it had the decomp on the recoil side. I don't recall if it was slab or window piston, but was assuming that since the decomp matched the older saws it would also be the older style piston.

The reason I'm investigating this now is that my DCS64xx saws are multiplying. I now have three of them and starting to think that two of them are jealous of the one that has the 7900 top end. I just wanted to make sure whatever I buy will have the newer lighter piston.

Thanks for the help
You’re welcome!

The older top ends had the windowed piston. The one I listed is in between, and was never sold on saws in the US, from what I understand. Only offered as parts.

You may have had a slab side piston in that top end, unless you found a really old one. The ones with the decomp on the clutch side all have the slab side piston.
Both the 038-130-070 and 038-130-071 will have the slab side piston, but different cylinder.

Back