Husqvarna 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all fun and games no worries. Duce stole my line! The forum actually provides very little business for me. It's all local. That last XPW I sold locally brought me quite a bit of attention. I guess people around here are looking for rebuilds port work at moderate pricing...??? Currently doing a full rebuilt and port for a local tree removal companies owner. It's an 044 and should turn out real nice.

I agree totally, but there's an etiquette to it. Every time a newer member posts about re-building a NW production sized saw the inevitable pitch to send it out to him is going to get hammered out on his slobber covered keyboard.

If I don't say anything it wont get said. What are you are going to say next? I post too many build threads? When I first joined this forum I didn't even know what porting was or was even a thing. If I would have known it wasn't all that expensive I would have sent off a saw a long time ago.

I ran a saw last month built by a long time member that I didn't even know did port work. It was jaw dropping how well it ran...

Their work sold itself either first hand or through conversation.
Never, we love them.

Need to get out there first. Recommendations come second. I'm getting repped here locally. The saws are selling me. I think I've only ported saws for two people on this forum. And actually one I built and then sold. It wasn't specifically ported for him. Both got back to me with positive things to say. I haven't seen them on the forum since. I have had several conversations with members about porting but getting someone to bite is another thing. You won't get recommended if you're lurking in the background that's for damn sure.

I agree with Rex. I see no reason for conflict on this forum. We all love saws. I'm flat out obsessed with them. Its a strange obsession and people look at me weird when I tell them that. :laugh:

If the saw is running I'd clean it up and leave it. If it pops, put on a OE 372 head and piston for an upgrade. I'd do a base gasket delete and a muffler mod and call it a day. The 372 rips and the OE 365 is pretty damn good.

View attachment 767286 So I bought a running 365 this evening for $20. Date code shows mfg date of 2000. It’s gritty and well used. Plan to clean it up this week and pull the muff to get a peak at things. What ya fellers know about this saw? Any words of wisdom on fixing her up?
I read through to post #74 (last post at the moment) So many "newbees"come on strong with the CAD yet neglect to do any previous reading and some want to punch out the cylinder which means they haven't a clue about chrome/nikisil plating .
You asked for advice and said it is a runner. later stated it runs rough .. Some of the advice in a roundabout way is to fix it as it is set up then basically re evaluate your goals at that time. I wouldn't even pull the cylinder until I did a pressure and vacuum test and if those tests pass I would venture a carb kit at the minimum and check if it has a plastic clamp on the carb boot .. The tank vent is often overlooked so test it as well to protect your $20$ investment. some saws get toasted by loose fitting fuel lines combined with a plugged or restricted tank vent.
You have had some very knowledgeable members giving you advice
(Some of us don't get such results) and if things weren't so slow here they wouldn't have said as much as they did.. and some of your inquires indicate you are not seeing the forest because of the trees...
I am still learning by lurking as I admit to doing here. I confess to having CAD but want to do what is best for my saws . I am one of those saw poor guys 100 plus a lot and many will never run but THAT IS WHERE THE FUN IS.. And if you think C U and YOTA got under your skin wait til DAWG with the bone starts hammering for Pics to get you all fixed up and running when you have an issue AND YES he knows his stuff too but does get to the point welcome to AS Site.

Any red ones?:sweet:. No need to be poor.
10 or 20 , a couple of nice projects 2152 very low hour saw scored bad will be picking your mind/asking advice on the quad port statement you made elsewhere. A 920 and 49 sp just because and just worked over 3 2186's for my friend -- 2 with fins broke off so top hat wouldn't fit well one was scored from the fuel line loose and the vent restricted carbs were due for kit (Never been into) and new rubber for peace of mind

Might research results of using a pressure washer on a chainsaw.. moisture and so on.

Yeah I'll spray down a saw with a hose but never a pressure washer. I normally will spray degreaser on and then lightly rinse off and avoid anything that would get moisture near the carb or intake. So mostly only do this on the clutch side and underneath. Also will only do it where I can let it sit in the sun and dry quickly. Otherwise air compressor and then hand clean with small brush and paper towels.

Back