Husqvarna 365

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m a big boy and can handle whatever is thrown my way. It’s just irks me when someone tries to make it sound like you’re a liar or that you’re bragging when neither is true. I’m not afraid to stand up for myself.

i also am not a dummy when it comes to engines and understand the risks to water penetration. From the get-go I new I’d be tearing this saw completely down so water intrusion wasn’t a concern of mine. I did end up using a heavy degreaser,brushes, rags, and the air compressor to clean it up.

I ordered a new 50mm kit fir it as well as new intake manifold, carb kit, muffler, fuel lines, filter, and seems like something else. All the parts are due in by Friday so hopefully I’ll have a great running saw by Saturday.

I do appreciate the feedback that I’ve received here. We all obviously share the same common interest.

like I said, so much **** talking goes on here its just one of those things that makes this forum cute... Literally I have been on forums that tracked down shitheads and ruined their lifes...Just ask me about Marky mark for instance....(RX-7 forum from about 14 years ago... made 4 chan look mild at the time.

I’m a big boy and can handle whatever is thrown my way. It’s just irks me when someone tries to make it sound like you’re a liar or that you’re bragging when neither is true. I’m not afraid to stand up for myself.

i also am not a dummy when it comes to engines and understand the risks to water penetration. From the get-go I new I’d be tearing this saw completely down so water intrusion wasn’t a concern of mine. I did end up using a heavy degreaser,brushes, rags, and the air compressor to clean it up.

I ordered a new 50mm kit fir it as well as new intake manifold, carb kit, muffler, fuel lines, filter, and seems like something else. All the parts are due in by Friday so hopefully I’ll have a great running saw by Saturday.

I do appreciate the feedback that I’ve received here. We all obviously share the same common interest.
I've built/rebuilt 30 or more 365/371/372
Series
Excellent saws stock.
I've got a 2000 model 371xp that's never been apart
150 comp starts on the 3 pull.
They'll last you as long as you take care of them.

I don’t have any way to measure the squish. Will i be safe with a base gasket delete with this new 50mm p&c? Im also planning to try my first port job on this new cylinder. Any words of wisdom?

I don’t have any way to measure the squish. Will i be safe with a base gasket delete with this new 50mm p&c? Im also planning to try my first port job on this new cylinder. Any words of wisdom?
Best get a dial caliper and some lead.
They vary in squish from cylinder to cylinder oem also.
@huskihl can give you porty jobbie info.
A good muffler mod helps a stock saw more than anything.

Here's the style i go with
p3PRVsXSMO2qc6WWgGo4dgJn54rZE6xVei8SjpaeFPFaJ3b_Lmv5VPutfPnp6ZBow07Os3dKI88=w553-h638-no

There's a variety of choices.

Just me but I'd run it for awhile to make sure there's
No issue's oil pump,clutch,coil etc.
With just a muff mod a 372 is a strong saw.
I ran them stock for 16 year's 24" usually.
The porters can get the comp up
From 150s stock to 190+
My ported 372s are 200+
But require machining the base and squish
That's why i had zoo city saws do it.
I'm not set up to machine cylinders
And they have specific porting tool's
For the transfers.
They pricey those tools are
So for 2-300 i had a few of mine ported.
A well ported 372 is industry standard in these parts
Loggers and pros.

Yeah I'm not really sure I understand the desire to rip into it right away if it runs but to each his own. I would've left it as the 365 and if I was dieing to do anything wouldve done base gasket delete and muff mod on that first...

Have you ever had one of those pop-rivet ends drop off?
yeah I would worry about the same thing...I could see it getting erosion of the rivet material due to heat and that would cause the center of the rivet to work lose and possibly fall in the muffler itself....if he were to punch the center out after making it that would alleviate that concern though. that or if he uses the "waterproof" rivets, the back of them are sealed so the center cannot fall out.

From 150s stock to 190+
My ported 372s are 200+
For the transfers.
Loggers and pros.

that sounds like sound advice. I may just do that. It would suck if I screwed it up after sinking this cash in it. All my parts arrived today. I’m eager to get rollin on it.

I’ll probably weld something on the muffler ro help deflect gasses. I’ve noticed the fish gills I put in my new 261 is blowing right towards my hand. Don’t want the same issue with this saw.

My daughter’s boyfriend (who I got the saw from) told me it ran, he said not very well but it would start and run. Afterwards, I tried to get it started but it wouldn’t start to save my life. So who knows. I’ve been working too much this week to have much time with it.
I’m rebuilding it mainly because I just want to - I want to know it’s freshened up, I want a project, and I want to learn more about saws. I like to work on stuff, it’s just what I do.

From 150s stock to 190+
My ported 372s are 200+
For the transfers.
Loggers and pros.

those must be wicked saws!!

Here's the style i go with
p3PRVsXSMO2qc6WWgGo4dgJn54rZE6xVei8SjpaeFPFaJ3b_Lmv5VPutfPnp6ZBow07Os3dKI88=w553-h638-no

There's a variety of choices.

that’s a good design that will keep the exhaust off my hands. I can fab up a deflector like that and weld it. Although if I weld it on, I probably will leave out the screen since I wouldn’t be able to clean it. No need for the screen anyways for where I’m cuttin on my own land.

Back