Sourceing extra long bars?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewood Bandit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm on the hunt for a solid bar for a ms 660 over 48 inches for my mill. My local deals can only offer up to 42 inch before we get into cannon bars. I'd like to avoid cannon because of the premium prices.

Can anyone suggest a company that sells regular bars brands stihl, oragon, forester and so on over 48 inches that also ships to canada?

I have a HO pump and remote oil supply to lubricate the longer bars.

THANKS!

eBay I found is a good place for a deal for longer bars with chain combos. They offer forester bars.

Huztl has there brand of bars and chains for Stihl saws but I’m not sure how good they are quality wise.

If you can adapt the mounts from stihl large, GB might be worth a look.

GB bars, especially the Pro-Top & Titanium, are great bars. It’s hard to get any at the moment, at least in the U.S since Walligford’s took over all their distribution and they’ve focused almost exclusively on harvester bars.

They were my go-to bar when I was running Husqvarna and they were easy to get. They always marketed them as being light, but they were almost as heavy as a Cannon. I never complained because they almost wore like one.

GB bars, especially the Pro-Top & Titanium, are great bars. It’s hard to get any at the moment, at least in the U.S since Walligford’s took over all their distribution and they’ve focused almost exclusively on harvester bars.

They were my go-to bar when I was running Husqvarna and they were easy to get. They always marketed them as being light, but they were almost as heavy as a Cannon. I never complained because they almost wore like one.

Too bad Left Coast Supplies closed. Spring 2018 they had great deals on milling bars from GB, in 3/8 .404 and 3/8 picco/lopro. They also carried all sorts of adapters, to switch bars between different mounts and brands.

I got some of the longer lopro bars for ~$25. Their chains were a good deal too. The stihl PMX milling chain was less than 1/2 what Baileys is charging

Check with Alamia in Denver, I got my 44 and 60” Husqvarna Branded bars by GB for good prices. They had the 72” as well, but unfortunately, the 50” was out of stock, and no longer available

It would be worth giving them a call and see what they have or can get for Stihl

If you can’t find their number, I will look it up for you

Doug :cheers:

Madsen’s has some of the best long bar selection in the country, they are all Cannon belly bars plus they have a pretty good deal on chain buy one get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alamia

alamia.us

phone (303) 752-4652

Fax. (303) 752-4642

I have bought from them, and would again, their website has been hit and miss, but I have dealt with Mike on the phone, and he has been Helpful and Friendly.

Give them a call, you have nothing to lose, and they just might have what you want

Doug :cheers:

Back