Limbing Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4"-12" trees??... 241 would love to fall those.
If I was in your situation, it might be the only saw to use all day.

I have a ms241c myself for limbing and clean up.
Very thrifty saw on fuel as well although, it does not hold much liquids (the one drawback to tiny saws is small tanks).

I leaving mine completely stock for use at clients properties. I imagine you would need to do the same considering the work.
Others do muffler Mods and other modifications for a bit more... MORE!
With 16" bar and 3/8lp... I have yet to feel it did not have "enough" to do any thing It's had thrown it's way.

I like the look of that 201C-EM. Something about that top handled saw, doesn't feel right for this work. I appreciate the video...homeboy is basically doing the same work our crew does.

Pricey. Dealer just sent me this: A MS201CEM starts at a 12” bar for $729.95, and will accommodate a 14 or 16” bar as well. Prices would go up by $10 for each bar size, and would have to be ordered as well. We do, however stock the MS201TCM14, which is the top handled version of that saw for $689.95

Not sure I'm looking to spend that, badass little saw though...

Pricey. Dealer just sent me this: A MS201CEM starts at a 12” bar for $729.95, and will accommodate a 14 or 16” bar as well. Prices would go up by $10 for each bar size, and would have to be ordered as well. We do, however stock the MS201TCM14, which is the top handled version of that saw for $689.95

For that price you can get about 3-4 MS170/180s! And you already have a bar and spare chains!

For the money of the 201 rear handle,.... it really makes more sense to go with the 261cm.
Less dough more go.
Also Will say again the 241cm.
Both are excellent truly pro saws.

I’ve had the 241 less than 6months now and it’s taken over so many tasks.... I’m surprised.

I know you said you didn’t want an echo but this really is a nice little saw. Rear handle version of the 355T

https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Chain-Saws/CS-361P

Get it on your dealers one day sale and save 15%
Could be a stupid question, but would Stihl 3/8" Stihl Picco Chains - 0.50" - fit on a that CS-361P - with .050" gauge and 3/8" low profile pitch (as it's stated).

The reasoning being (in my original post) I have ten new 14" stihl chains and a 14" bar...one main reason I'm looking for a Stihl powerhead.

Yeah. I wanted the MS201C-EM, but balked at the price also.

Ended up getting this very comparable Echo CS-361P at the 20% dealer days instead. I think it was around $320 or so with 14" bar20181225_102717.jpg
This video helped persuade me.

It's a lightweight (8.4 pound powerhead) quick revving saw with pretty good power. Excellent power to weight ratio, and pretty compact.
Lighter and lower than comparably powered conventional saws. But a little wider.

The width is really only an issue because it doesn't fit in any of my small hard cases. I might get a small chainsaw bag some day.

Could be a stupid question, but would Stihl 3/8" Stihl Picco Chains - 0.50" - fit on a that CS-361P - with .050" gauge and 3/8" low profile pitch (as it's stated).

The reasoning being (in my original post) I have ten new 14" stihl chains and a 14" bar...one main reason I'm looking for a Stihl powerhead.
The Echo bars use 52 drive links as opposed to 50 for the Stihl 14" bar, I believe.
Otherwise, it's the same 3/8 LP(picco) .050 chain.

Yeah. I wanted the MS201C-EM, but balked at the price also.

Ended up getting this very comparable Echo CS-361P at the 20% dealer days instead. I think it was around $320 or so with 14" barView attachment 767932
This video helped persuade me.

It's a lightweight (8.4 pound powerhead) quick revving saw with pretty good power. Excellent power to weight ratio, and pretty compact.
Lighter and lower than comparably powered conventional saws. But a little wider.

The width is really only an issue because it doesn't fit in any of my small hard cases. I might get a small chainsaw bag some day.

Power move taking a hotdog break by the fire in between testing the cs361 and the ms201.

That CS-361P looks like a sweet little saw. My local Echo dealer said he's never heard of dealer days....sigh. Seems like nothing out here in the Rocky Mountain West
https://www.echo-usa.com/Promotions/One-Day-Sale
It's a well built saw. And I really like it. But there is a price to pay to save a pound or two.
I might not have bought one if I hadn't gotten that $80 discount.

I bit on the 201cem. No, it wasn't cheap, but it's a joy to use with the way it balances while weighing so little for what it is. I use mine with a 16" bar. It's exceptional for limbing.

Back