Best two saws ever made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't speak from years of experience, and this is coming from a hobbyist, but I love my Husky 450 as a everyday mid-size saw, and my new MS461 is a beast.

Which one of those beasts would you carry way up in a tree and reach out to make a cut with your muscles? :D

I can’t comment for him, but I’ve hauled many a 372, 044/440 and 441 up a tree when it was time to block out tops or just take the top out of a spar in one piece.

My muscles aren’t that big, either.;)

In addition to the 346/372 I mentioned before the other saws that are in the all time greats are 357, 262, early 044, 79cc Dolmar/Makita.

I’ve never had the opportunity to run the smaller cc 2 series Huskys but I know they have quite a following and I’ve never seen one outside of Spike’s personal collection.

I can’t comment for him, but I’ve hauled many a 372, 044/440 and 441 up a tree when it was time to block out tops or just take the top out of a spar in one piece.

My muscles aren’t that big, either.;)

I don’t know about you but I’d rather be tied into a tree vs running a long bar up on spring boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, personally, the saw i liked the most is the MS 044/440 by Stihl.
Two years ago i had a early one with 10mm Pin, that saw was a beast!

Two weeks ago i sold my like new 440 Magnum Artic to get the 066/660... But there will come a new 44 to me pretty soon :)

Then he’ll be accused of necro-posting:dumb:

He seems to have all the answers on every topic. He’s done it all.

I’m sorry if it seems that way I have a lot of experience in cutting firewood since 1980. I’m no expert I did take my lumps in the process. I was lucky to have a friend who owns a husky dealership to give me tips along the way. I had close calls too lucky I survived. The first 20 years in the forest wasn’t easy.

I must be getting old... My favorite "best" saw would be any one of the 80 cc 10-series McCullochs - light and powerful and durable. In the more modern section it would be the 034 AV Super, and that's as modern as my saws go.

Ooops - forgot the 268XP...

Rats! That's three saws...

82cc Mac's are the shiz mccniz mine pulls a 32 all day. Other favorite is 1 of my 70cc 10 series saws 1 particular 7-10 is my go to saw. The 7-10 with no brake is just under 8kg 20inch bar half full of gas. Not bad for a metal saw that came from the 60s

Back