Chainsaw related pet peeve‘s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
If your are a gun guy you know the standard things that people say/do that make no sense or are just wrong. Calling a magazine a “clip” is at the top of that list[emoji23].

There are a few things people say/do that are a bit silly. Thought it would be funny for us to share the things that people say or do in relation to chainsaws/wood burning that are a bit irritating or silly.

All in fun!

1) when I’m selling a saw as PHO and people get upset and think it’s stupid to sell a Chainsaw without a bar and chain. They don’t understand the point.

2) when somebody asks “how big is your saw” I know EXACTLY The answer they’re trying to get out of me (bar length) but instead I gave them the correct answer and tell them the “cc’s”. Then they say “ but that doesn’t tell me how big the saw is”..... yes it does [emoji6][emoji6][emoji23]

3) when people criticize you for how clean you keep your saws....

4) when they tell you you’re going to burn your house down if you burn pine

5) when they tell you you’re stupid for cleaning your chimney out multiple times throughout the burning season

6) when people think is silly to stack and season wood years ahead

7) sorry Sthil guys, (FYI: i like stihl saws too) but when people think stihlis the only brand of saws that makes “Pro” saws. Have an open mind. Seems like everyone in my area is a stihl guy though.

So as i said. All in fun!

What are your pet peeve‘s.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Definitely some good ones. I still roll my eyes every time someone says they need a new saw for limbing and some small stuff but EVERYONE wants a “20in bar”. I get it...I like to having a big bar on my saw so but not on a .5in yaupon!!! It always seems to be the 20” bar is the thing to have.

Now you got my mind thinking about this the rest of the day lol. Maybe not related to parts of a chainsaw but here’s a couple when people find out you collect or are into chainsaws...

You’re into chainsaws? I have some trees that need cut down...

You’re into chainsaws? You can help me fix my saw then...(Walmart poulan that they set in their garage 3 years ago after one use)
—that or they want to give you the boat anchor because it’s a chainsaw and so you must love it.

The fix my POS Poulan thing comes up at least once a year. The old standby, calling a bar or chain a blade still makes the hair on my neck stand up. Guys with a Stihl FarmBoss think they have the best saw ever known to man.

Good ones[emoji23]

The fix my POS Poulan thing comes up at least once a year. The old standby, calling a bar or chain a blade still makes the hair on my neck stand up. Guys with a Stihl FarmBoss think they have the best saw ever known to man.

Yes the farm boss is the mightiest saw of all the land... That gets pretty annoying pretty quick

When I see the chain hanging 1" below the bar - on a sprocket nose.
When I see someone pulling the starter rope as fast as they can a jillion times and it won't start.
When someone blips the throttle a half dozen times and tries to open the throttle exactly when the chain starts to make contact with the log.
When someone pulls the saw back and forth in the cut while cutting.

Dang you guy got some good ones[emoji23]

Adjusting carbs to compensate for cold and hot weather, I like to do
a job once, but you can’t with weather butting in.

lending a saw that comes back sounding different, that is so annoying,
because the answer always is, I never touched it, when you ask what
was done, knowing fine well the carb screws were moved.

Adjusting carbs to compensate for cold and hot weather, I like to do
a job once, but you can’t with weather butting in.

lending a saw that comes back sounding different, that is so annoying,
because the answer always is, I never touched it, when you ask what
was done, knowing fine well the carb screws were moved.

I never had to learn that lesson as i will never loan out a saw[emoji2373]. I will however help out with my saws[emoji16].

Latest posts

Back