Chainsaw related pet peeve‘s

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest pet peeve is the Swedish stump dance it takes mor time and energy to cut the same tree as it would to put a deeper face in and cut the back cut by chasing it with a longer bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never understood it myself, but I'm no logger so what do I know.

When someone posts 4~5 pictures of a saw and bar (with all that wasted space in the top & bottom of images), instead of just turning the damned phone and getting it one image at the same resolution.
That happens with all types of things not just saw related, like on the news with amateur video.

I never had to learn that lesson as i will never loan out a saw[emoji2373]. I will however help out with my saws[emoji16].

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Yep, my Best Friend was a 30+year automotive Master Mechanic, and knew more about 2 strokes than I ever will, is one of the Very FEW that I would loan a saw to. I may know more about handling a saw, but he would know more about tuning them than I, and I know his Respect for tools, my saws wouldn't get abused in his care, Unfortunately, because of his wife's job move, they moved to Texas, the end of August, so I am willing to Lend my HELP, but my saw?? Not too likely

Doug :cheers:

That happens with all types of things not just saw related, like on the news with amateur video.
Oh I just want to reach into the TV and throttle someone when they run the sideways video and then put that blurred S### on the sides.
Can easily trigger a migraine for me, if I try to watch more than about 8~10 seconds of it.
Just black bar the sides if you can't figure how to crop it to fit the screen.

Anyone offering me advice on anything I am being paid to do. No I dont need advice on my saw. I am taking a tree down over your home because you can't like I have done a thousand times at different homes and businesses.

I had a homeowner bring out a dewalt battery powered saw the other day. I was thoroughly not impressed. Thats cute my daughter has one just like it but its sound effects are better.

No one notices a 395 with a 20in bar.
Put a 36 on and oh wow thats a big saw!

Saw shop guys... All of them thus far have irritated me.
Could not solve a fuel issue if they had to.
Always have a little gem to say.

"You know why that bar is wearing away in that one spot?"
No enlighten me.
"Its cuz you cut in the same spot."
How bout that.

The big stores are even better.
"I need two, .058 guage, 3/8 pitch 72 drive link, full chisel, chains. No safety chain."

"Whats the saw its going on?"

Or I tell them I want oregon files.
"I got some better than that."
No you dont.
I have filed away more chain by hand than you ever will and if your gonna catch up you best get outta this dinky garage and get out in the timber.

They are like the oriellys kids trying to give me advice on oil when I put more miles of piss stream on the side of the road than they have driving in their lives.

"Dont run gas with ethanol"

Bite me

You sell me parts and hush.

Agree about dealerships with their ‘expert’ technicians; they are normally either lazy, unknowledgeable or both and they want to charge you a premium for their help. Fook off :buttkick:

My other two main ones are customer related
1) just give the tree a haircut
2) while you are here can you...

Here’s another one rope be cable vs jacks, rope might be fine on some trees but I sure as hell won’t trust it in a large Doug Fir it need to have a drum line and choker put up in it. To jacks if you don’t know what you’re doing with them don’t play or even ask about them it’s a skill that you can’t learn by pictures or someone telling you from across the screen. Both of these skills should be taught well working with a veteran well breaking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus 1 on the shop guy.
Me: "Hello, I want to buy this specified item", Shop guy: "Hello, we have that specified item but I want to sell you this other item".

Here is my power saw, look at that blade :)
View attachment 768812
At least it's on right-side-up. :crazy:

Plus 1 on the shop guy.
Me: "Hello, I want to buy this specified item", Shop guy: "Hello, we have that specified item but I want to sell you this other item".

Here is my power saw, look at that blade :)
View attachment 768812

How big is that chainsaw? ...........12”[emoji1787]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I love the "what size is the blade" especially from someone who really should know better!

Don't loan your chainsaw.
Don't loan your pickup.
Don't loan your girlfriend.

All 3 will come back screwed up
Or your guns........ usually come back scope knocked off and scratched up.

Agree about dealerships with their ‘expert’ technicians; they are normally either lazy, unknowledgeable or both and they want to charge you a premium for their help. Fook off :buttkick:

My other two main ones are customer related
1) just give the tree a haircut
2) while you are here can you...

#2 has made me raise my voice a few times.
I know what they're thinking when I get pissed too.
"Gosh its just another limb and I am paying him money already it wouldnt be any trouble!"

Since I am here you can pay me for my time unless you want to come be a slave at my house.

Back