What’s Inside A Fuel Filter (Photos)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
By pulling off the end that attaches to the fuel hose, the filter can be removed. I have no idea about cleaning the insert, it could probably be done, but how I don’t know how.
Anyway, I thought it may be of interest - simply pressing the two plastic parts together is all it takes to reassemble

A9FBED7D-DF4E-4173-9C7E-3216D02A80C0.jpeg

cce.jpg

I clean the white part on the left by washing it in fresh fuel with no oil and blowing it with a compressor. Mine have all been dark closest to the outlet side where the fuel line attaches. For whatever reason they didn’t want to draw along the whole length of that insert and once clean the saws ran fine again.

Lol ah he knows I’m only pulling his leg. Australians are usually pretty thick skinned

We Kiwis say the same thing about them Aussies- but we leave out the word "skinned". :clap:
But Tommy boy is a Pom anyhow.......

Buy some nice European made Walbro felt filters, there cheap if you buy 10 or 20 and then you won't be disapointed every time you look into you Stihl gas tanks and think WTH is the plastic thung.

Back