CENTRAL PA GTG. October 26,2019. (nuthin fancy)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so people can't say i'm biased, i always run a Hooskie at a GTG. :laugh: I couldn't have picked a better on to run.:rock2:
240cc507-e7e6-4a8c-8114-b28f95291a5e-jpeg.768687
You're experience with them is going up quite quickly :popcorn2:.

Look closely...Steves grip is a little tighter when runnin that hooskie..compared to the creamsickles..:chainsaw:
:laugh:
Don't want anyone upset, but it felt alot like my hooskies, I liked it.
It doesn't upset me, you know I like to run them all. I'm glad they are getting more angle on the top handle, my 261 handles better than previous 50cc stihl offerings which is nice. I'm sure others may not like it as much of it is a personal preference thing for guys who have ran saws for yrs, but an angled top handle is more natural to use than a straight one.
How did it compare to the 2156iirc that you ported.

Cool. 462s Seems to make power only in the HIGH RPM band. Doesn't really like to be lugged...
And likes shorter bars...

Not like my MOFO 460 at all.

I think it's a perfect 20" bar saw, balances well there and has a good power curve, perfect for a firewood saw for most guys I would think. If I was looking for a new saw for firewood, the 462 would be at the top of the list.

Rodney's new 500i impressed me with how light it was. I ran the old school low filter 064 back to back with it and felt a fair amount heavier.

The power to weight ratio was incredible. At 79.2 cc it has more displacement and felt at least 2lbs lighter than my stock 461. If there ever was a 'one saw' to take with you into the woods, that'd be it. I could run that all day long. Plenty of power with little fatigue.

The power to weight ratio was incredible. At 79.2 cc it has more displacement and felt at least 2lbs lighter than my stock 461. If there ever was a 'one saw' to take with you into the woods, that'd be it. I could run that all day long. Plenty of power with little fatigue.
To bad about the colors:laughing:.
At least it has a primer bulb :happy:.
I think I will keep my 2156 and 357s for now, power wise they were close imo, and I already own the 2156/357, so I can save some $$$, was nice to try something new and different though.
Those are great saws and for the most part guys cutting firewood can get by just fine with a 261vs2 or a 550mk2 with a 20x325 for firewood duty.
Its more us enthusiast/guys running them every day that get into all the finer details.
I like saws :yes:.

Back