What saws are you watching eBay atm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlD

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What saws are you getting ready to snipe at the last second?
Here’s my current watch list :baba:
I’m only posting this because I don’t mind a bit of competition PLUS I really shouldn’t buy any of them
832E83A6-A332-4B77-9811-2AFB8C718DB3.png

Yes but sometimes bargains can be found if u see them soon enough. I do like selling on eBay too :drinking:
8CD1B1ED-96D4-48D2-AB9B-48C74CDF7E64.png 1A7223A1-E13E-404D-B19E-0C3E3E200681.png

Dang Karl, Those must be some of your buddy's saws. I'll have to wonder if this isn't a sales tactic at work. Either that or your into drinking heavily today!! GLW it!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Lol no the Dolmar CC and Jonny I kinda want but will do my best to not even bid on them.
The 090, CT and yellow beast were mine but now gone to happy new owners....and I didn’t even link to them on here when they were for sale :badpc:

EBay used to be a great place to sell and buy. It was one of the internet's 1st first and greatest successes. It was a worldwide 24/7 garage sale. When they bought Paypal the site became a mini Amazon for small sellers. I just checked and I can buy the same chainsaw bar locally for less.

Back when I lived in San Jose they bought a vacant lot near my Condo, and the place was buzzing 7 days a week. Lots of Corvettes, some Ferrari's and Lamborgini's, and plenty of beautifully restored vintage 60s muscle cars. Didn't take long before it was 9 to 5, 5 days a week regular office place of business and employment. Those were the Heydays of the new and blossoming internet where everybody was going to be a millionaire.

Now it is all to regular and common. Hell, I live in the N.W Corner of Nowhere, and can get 16mbs data rates, and shoot a bear from my patio.

Last time i sold on eBay, i vowed never again. Not only did they take their cut, which I expected, but they took their cut on the shipping too!

Shipping was let's say $45, which i used their program to ship. Well it pulled the $45 for shipping PLUS ebay took a cut too..

In the end the fees were ~20%]

Last time i sold on eBay, i vowed never again. Not only did they take their cut, which I expected, but they took their cut on the shipping too!

Shipping was let's say $45, which i used their program to ship. Well it pulled the $45 for shipping PLUS ebay took a cut too..

In the end the fees were ~20%]

A long time ago, I sold off a bunch of comic books, some collector coins and other clutter. Several months later I got a nasty letter telling me I owed them a $176 in fees, and that they had referred my case to a collection agency, and that I would be hearing from a lawyer soon. I laughed (Out Loud -- LOL), and now more then 10 years later, I'm still waiting to hear from that lawyer. :D

I probably bid on less than 10% of what I watch, and win far far less than that. This is a hobby for me, so I don't mind getting paid peanuts for my time. The satisfaction of experimenting and building a real good saw is worth it. I'm not well enough off though to be able to light money on fire with most of the saws I see on there.

I probably bid on less than 10% of what I watch, and win far far less than that. This is a hobby for me, so I don't mind getting paid peanuts for my time. The satisfaction of experimenting and building a real good saw is worth it. I'm not well enough off though to be able to light money on fire with most of the saws I see on there.
I always wait until the last ten seconds to bid. Otherwise someone will always bid it up. I agree on the fees. Ebay makes you think you're getting a deal with reduced shipping rates through them - but then tack on a percentage of the shipping cost.

Yes I can’t argue with those. 08’s are awful saws and money should not be exchanged for them. I wonder though, will they be much more valuable in a decade or so...nope I doubt it

I see that the 08 and 08S are different. I have 3 08S's that I will eventually turn into one or two restored saws and part out the rest. What is the difference between the two as far as rarity, etc.?

I see that the 08 and 08S are different. I have 3 08S's that I will eventually turn into one or two restored saws and part out the rest. What is the difference between the two as far as rarity, etc.?
08, 50 cc, 1963. 08s, first 48cc, then 56cc. I restored an 08s that's been in the family for about 50 years. Kind of a cool saw and it cuts well but is a little heavy for a top handle saw.

I won a little 340 that I’m going to turn into a cheap 346 and lost another little Husky because they never sent me a notification that I was outbid. Fortunately I found a couple other project saws.

Lol no the Dolmar CC and Jonny I kinda want but will do my best to not even bid on them.
The 090, CT and yellow beast were mine but now gone to happy new owners....and I didn’t even link to them on here when they were for sale :badpc:
Were you watching that big one owner Dolmar that was listed a few months back? Bought to deal with 1987 hurricane victims....
A Jonsered 1020 sold yesterday for £113 + postage and I cant help thinking I should have big on it. Was watching the P100 you posted about above and there was a second one listed in the UK at the same time. Have an eye on the Jonsered 111s - really just want to see what it makes. There are bargains to be had on E bay - my disassembled Pro MAc 800 cost me @ £25 = postage. Picked up a Jonsereds XG for £5.00 and another for £20.

If I get time every day I spend 5 mins looking at Stihl, Dolmar, Jonsered, echo, and makita. I keep it in the used chainsaw category only and newly listed first...normally only takes a few minutes to see everything that has been put on. I sometimes also search for stilh

Back