24 or 30” bar on poulan 4000?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02stangguy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a nice poulan 4000 that I was thinking about trading for a bigger saw but now I’m thinking about just putting a bigger bar on it if that’s possible. Would the saw be able to handle a 24 or. 30” bar?

24 would be fine I think, 4000 is a 65cc saw according to Acres site. Dont know about a 30 though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ok cool. Any recommendations? I don’t need top of the line stuff cause I don’t use it often

Ok cool. Any recommendations? I don’t need top of the line stuff cause I don’t use it often

All depends on how long you want it to last and what kind of performance you want to get out of your bar and chain.

The cheapest bar I’d ever consider is an Oregon. And they are “ middle of the road” in quality

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I had a 24" bar on one of mine with a full skip chain and it pulled it good. Those saws don't have fast chain speed, but good low end torque. I had six 4000 s at one time and sold them all. Here is a couple of them and a 3400.

xjeuwlJ.jpg

It will handle the 24" bar just fine without any problem, had a 4000 with 18" Bow and that pulls more chain than any bar and had no problem with oiling because it has an auto oiler and also has a manual oiler on it also. These saws have the torque to pull real aggressive chains and maintain speed, that is what makes them cut so well. Wish Poulan made saws this good now, your making a wise choice in keeping that puppy!

Back