Central PA GTG - Spring 2020

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechAlG

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
There was some talk in the Fall Central PA GTG thread about doing one in the spring. I am willing to host. Our land is in Duncansville, PA; 5 minutes off exit 23 of I-99. 1 hour south of I-80, 10 minutes south of US-22, 30 minutes north from I-70/76. I was thinking early April, but that will depend on the winter (if we get hammered with snow, it's a mile walk to get the dozer to plow the road open).

The good:
We have a good variety of hardwood logs, and might even be able to get two equivalent for races.
"In the woods" - don't have to worry about offending the neighbors.
I am hoping to have my mill by then as well.

The bad:
Limited parking - only enough parking for about 20 vehicles (we can make other arrangements if needed).
No facilities - we have a stream and an outhouse. No electricity. If enough people decide to come, I can get a port-a-pot for the weekend.

I have a couple places interested in donating prizes, perhaps have one of the local saw guys show up with some wares as well.

Lots of fun at the GTGs!

that's what it looks like from the pics and videos ive seen from them!

Hey Agent. I was just in Ashtabula on business last Wednesday. Gotta tell ya, Briquettes is some damn good BBQ!

ive never been there as that's in the harbor I do believe and I live on the southern part of Ashtabula county. About a 30 min hike. I have heard they have great food though. Maybe the gf and I will go try it out

following.....would like to make it to a gtg as ive never been to one. There's rarely any going on in or near ohio
Come to think of it, when I lived in Ohio, the only GTG I made was in Indiana. I met up with @blsnelling and rode with him out to somewhere in Indiana. Was quite a good time.

Back