Timberwolf 6 way wedge broke.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20191029_191121.jpg title should read Timberwolf not the word firewood20191029_191057.jpg 3746.jpeg 3747.jpeg I'm guessing this isn't repairable. I'm finding them for $600 to $700

Does anyone have a way to directly talk with someone that has access to these.

I've had to fix the knife on my processor a few times.

Last time it was -30* and just went "ping". Huh, wonder what that was? Few more splits and i see part of the knife traveling up the conveyor.

How much wood has that wedge seen? Just curious as I have the same. Only 250-300 cords so far.

Moon your wedge does look pretty flimsy. Especially with the small wood you are working on. Here had to give up using a four way wedge because every thing just kept breaking. I have seen some changeable wedge designs that seem to work, but a challenge to change back and forth all the time. I used 1'' or 3/4 flat bar with good welding and still broke every thing. Your welds look marginal at best. If you are not the best welder than possibly a four way wedge might be practical for you. Other wise sit down with a competent welder design a robust system. Thanks

Moon your wedge does look pretty flimsy. Especially with the small wood you are working on. Here had to give up using a four way wedge because every thing just kept breaking. I have seen some changeable wedge designs that seem to work, but a challenge to change back and forth all the time. I used 1'' or 3/4 flat bar with good welding and still broke every thing. Your welds look marginal at best. If you are not the best welder than possibly a four way wedge might be practical for you. Other wise sit down with a competent welder design a robust system. Thanks
It's a factory Timberwolf 6 way wedge. I've put about 700 cords on it in about two years. The machine is a 2006. I talked to the manufacturer today and he claims they saw that often in that year or years.. He said they use a different steel now. The welds held. Look closer it ripped the steel of of the main triangle ar 400 plate steel.

Back