aftermarket parts question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorguy1979

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
so I use OEM when I but some parts really hurt my wallet, ive seen a lot of aftermarket cylinders on ebay , and amazon, and mostly made in china or are unbranded so some name brands ave seen are

Hyway
Warhawk
Cross performance
Caber
Metior

so my question is this what have you all used and why, also would you recommend it?

I build and fix saws and im more of a hobby builder and I enjoy it, I also give a 14 day warranty with my saws. I know its not much but I try. I just don't want to spend more then I can make I do have a profit margin

I've got a 365 that's been a tecomec p/c for over a year now (last 4/5 months ported) haven't had a single problem as of yet, I believe anything aftermarket is hit or miss, some good some bad. I don't don't mind running aftermarket. Most of my customers don't mind, especially if you're saving money and keep them cutting firewood and such.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

so I use OEM when I but some parts really hurt my wallet, ive seen a lot of aftermarket cylinders on ebay , and amazon, and mostly made in china or are unbranded so some name brands ave seen are

Hyway
Warhawk
Cross performance
Caber
Metior

so my question is this what have you all used and why, also would you recommend it?

I build and fix saws and im more of a hobby builder and I enjoy it, I also give a 14 day warranty with my saws. I know its not much but I try. I just don't want to spend more then I can make I do have a profit margin
I bought a few of the hyway bb popup 372 kits
They are very strong runner's.
Better than my oem saws.
Meteor 288 and 372 kits have been excellent.
And i always use caber rings.
I personally have built good runner's from the farmertec/huztl kits probably 30-40 saws
But i can't recommend them as a few i had to
Fix casting flash and bad port edges.
All the hyway kits I've used have been nicely finished
No issue's.

Only AM jug I've tried is one Hyway. 45mm quad port. I've seen it called a lot of things but it's basically Hyway's attempt at a big bore 346xp jug. Plating and ports look good. It runs better than a 350/353 cylinder but it's no 346. I think with some porting it could really run. I have another new on the shelf with one of their popups, and a 372XT and 461 setup as well. I won't look for saws for them but if something comes home I'll give them a try.

Used a lot of Meteor pistons. I consider them, with Caber rings, equal in quality to OEM. Just cheaper...

I've used a few Hyway cylinders and they have all been nice. Like cuinrearview, I think the Meteor pistons are just as good as oem. The Farmertec ones I've used have been good if you don't mind working on them a bit. The one Warhawk I ordered was crap and I sent it back. Most of the time I try and find a used oem or buy new.

Some of you properly don't go to the other site but a few have give up on meteor cylinders due to port issues.
Just been through this with them.
If guys have good success with them all good.
I am just a fire wood hack and saw tinkerer.

Some of you properly don't go to the other site but a few have give up on meteor cylinders due to port issues.
Just been through this with them.
If guys have good success with them all good.
I am just a fire wood hack and saw tinkerer.
I've heard the same
But haven't had a bad one yet.
Most Porter's don't like the very thick plating they use
That's all I've seen.
Was also told hyway makes meteors castings
So who knows.
I have had bad oem cylinders too.

Back