Possible group buy, ChiCom Blue 660 clone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby Kirbos

Scrounger of Cellulose Based BTUs
Reaction score
Throwing this out there to see how much interest there is in the idea.

@MustangMike brought a couple of his slightly worked-over Chinese 660s to @farmer steve 's GTG this past weekend. They're pretty impressive, and now I want one. Plus, I think the blue looks pretty cool.

Huztl has wholesale 10 packs of the G660 available on their site (link below).

(Blue, full wrap, PHO)

$180 per saw plus around $400 for shipping (for the 10 pack). That puts each saw at $220. The only variable would be freight from central PA to you.

Would anyone be interested in doing a group buy? I'll honcho it. I would definitely contact Huztl before moving forward with asking for funds to make sure that there are no problems with me (not an official distributor) purchasing at the wholesale price.

PM me if you're interested. If I get enough interest here, I'll move forward with my inquiries to Huztl.

https://www.huztl.net/WHOLESALE-MOQ...mpatible-with-MS660-066-Chainsaw-p732329.html

Wow, that is a great deal for a pre-assembled powerhead (with a wrap handle). I need another like I need a hole in the head, but at that price I would take one (if you need another purchaser).

The feedback I have rec'd from other members (on both sites) is that the pre-assembled saws come with better parts than the kits did (or, perhaps they just updated across the board, I know my Blue kit had better parts that my earlier purchased Orange kits).

There is even a video out there of a 444 beating a 500i … it is likely not legit (chains not the same, etc), but the 444 does seem to run real darn well.

There is even a video out there of a 444 beating a 500i … it is likely not legit (chains not the same, etc), but the 444 does seem to run real darn well.

I talked to the video maker on my site group and told him to do the test with same chain and same operator on both. He did.
I'll post new video at bottom.

It is so close a $200 compared to a $1200-1500 saw.

IMO there is a niche market for those just needing a saw for milling or firewood duties.

Heck I even got a blue one I been testing out. $319 shipped to your door if 1 at a time.

hzbar.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I think that test was more realistic.

I'm sure the real Stihl is more durable, has a computer and spring AV, and the 444 does not have screened mufflers, etc.

That said, the 444 does very well for the price. I wonder what the squish is, if it would benefit from a base gasket delete and a timing advance … interesting!

What's your timeframe on this? Going to be hard to justify $220 before the holidays. January, though...

There is absolutely no way I can justify buying one of these saws. It makes no sense for me to even think about getting a 660 clone.

With that being said, I might need one. Does anyone have actual weight information for these saws? The site lists it as 11kg, that can't be right... right?

I’ll tell ya if your gonna order from huztl. Wait til after Black Friday. Last year is when I bought my kit. Starting Black Friday not every item. But the majority at like 10-40% off Week after Black Friday. The discount that was the biggest was night b4 New Years. They had this countdown clock. Of when discount would run out on New Years. But the percentage changed every week. Wait til last minute discount is hugest. Probably won’t exceed 40%. N that’s if they do it again. Granted you won’t have your kits til end of February. But you all know that. If not now you do.

Got my Chicom saw for ten bucks. Looks like maybe a Redmax GZ4350 copy.
20191111_174238.jpg
45cc Blue Max 6595. Needs a spur sprocket and a new chain.

I would be interested if the price was close to $220. Put me our your buy anytime list.

Back