Bar oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never made it to marked. Suposidly it was heavy, under powered and slow. Would have been nice if Dolmar kept working on the design, refined it and brought it to market.
Yes, I agree. It wasn’t ready for prime time, but cool that they even went as far as they did. We’ll never know what it could have been. No more research into gas power from Dolmar or Makita.

It’ll end up like Europe at least in the harvester applications they have to run a bio grease for bar lubrication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a really hard time believing they can go 4 stroke and run the bar lengths that we are used to. And those saws are going to be so damn heavy that people would never buy them. You’d have a 25 pound saw they can only run a 16”-18” bar.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

In the grand scheme of things, every 2T engine on the planet could run at WOT from now until the next ice age and not put out 1% of the emissions that just ONE of the airliners that our benevolent babysitters use daily to junket to climate conference soirees around the world billow out on the runway waiting for takeoff.

Not that it matters...
In the grand scheme of things, every 2T engine on the planet could run at WOT from now until the next ice age and not put out 1% of the emissions that just ONE of the airliners that our benevolent babysitters use daily to junket to climate conference soirees around the world billow out on the runway waiting for takeoff.

Not that it matters...

You mean this:
smoking saw.png

Verses this?:

gorebot.png

Oh, they CAN...but it would/will be many years of trials and tribulations for all involved.

They did it with dirt bikes, and it was a mess of carnage and screwups for at least 10 years. It also ruined the sport by making bikes and their maintenance prohibitively expensive. That is why there has been a recent resurgence of 2 stroke propaganda in the dirt bike world.

I'm one of the guys that never bought into the BS. I won't be buying a 4 stroke saw. That would be silly.:laughing:

They should really have a pan under them..any kind of a pan with a rag in it would cure that problem, but it always has to become far more complicated.

One of my favourite epa things is the gascan without a vent idea. What panel of geniuses came up with that?

And I remember when you could smoke a cigarette anywhere , Now you can smoke weed but not tobacco in many places. Dam liberals screw em When the baby boomer generation dies out, God help you

Anyone ever looked at the ground of a parking lot after a week or two without rain?
Oil spots from leaking powertrains all over the place, and the next rain just washes the oil into the city sever which tends to be directed into a nearby river.
The pollution police can just as well ban all vehicles if they wanna protect the environment!
I am all for it that they bring back horses and chariots - I wanna see that hundreds of HP vehicle the neighbor will be driving just to show off.

I buck my firewood logs always on the same spot on my property, there are lots of critters, bugs, moles and plants, the grass is greener and thicker there than in front of my house where absolutely no so called chainsaw related pollution is happening.

There is absolutely no valid reason other than greed and profit why BIO oils are more expensive than mineral oils!
Someone should police the greedy manufacturers.

And I remember when you could smoke a cigarette anywhere , Now you can smoke weed but not tobacco in many places. Dam liberals screw em When the baby boomer generation dies out, God help you

VAvqR.jpg

Isn’t Virginia one of the few states where pot is still illegal?
As far as I know all states have regulation on where you can smoke tobacco.

There is a bio bar oil that's dirt cheap, readily available and easy on the environment, it's called canola oil. It doesn't seem to wear out a bar any faster than regular bar oil, at least for the limited amount of time I have used it.
Its WAY easier on a lawn, in my experience it has had zero effect compared to regular which poisons any part it comes in contact with. The only drawback I have found so far is that it will gum up the saw if you leave it in for an extended period of time. A replacement with regular bar oil and a brief saw run will prevent the problem.
Something to consider if you have to cut up a tree on someone's lawn and want to keep the damage to a minimum.

One of my customers works for a restaurant and often adds used cooking oil to his chain saw for bar oil. It's "free" from the kitchen cook. So far he has burned out three clutch bearings and ruined four bar sprocketss. He won't listen to me. :nofunny:

Anyone ever looked at the ground of a parking lot after a week or two without rain?
Oil spots from leaking powertrains all over the place, and the next rain just washes the oil into the city sever which tends to be directed into a nearby river.
The pollution police can just as well ban all vehicles if they wanna protect the environment!
I am all for it that they bring back horses and chariots - I wanna see that hundreds of HP vehicle the neighbor will be driving just to show off.

I buck my firewood logs always on the same spot on my property, there are lots of critters, bugs, moles and plants, the grass is greener and thicker there than in front of my house where absolutely no so called chainsaw related pollution is happening.

There is absolutely no valid reason other than greed and profit why BIO oils are more expensive than mineral oils!
Someone should police the greedy manufacturers.

BINGO!!!

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Back