Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 770205 Sometimes my friends want to laugh at my tractor. Was out knocking down a few small trees on the property and found these I cut down last year I think. I was bringing them in on top of the front loader. This was the last load for the day.
Looks like my dad's Izusu/White compact farm tractor when he's cutting. He made a three point carry-all that he hauls the saws on and uses the bucket for wood. He's slowing down on the firewood now, but still runs the White in and out of the woods a bucketful at a time...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shoot. If they're coming out in the open, I'd just put a dab on a paper plate, and....fill'em fulla lead!:yes:
View attachment 770222
I have other tools for that, but they make a lot of noise when everyone is sleeping lol.
The trap I have inside the cupboard just went off too, but it missed him. I reset it and I'll probably have it by morning.
It's snowing out here right now(lake effect snow) so they are coming inside to try and warm up, I'm not having it. I've heard if you want to warm yourself by the fire, bring a stick, they never bring one so...
I'll update in the morning lol.
Night guys :hi:.

H
Looks like my dad's Izusu/White compact farm tractor when he's cutting. He made a three point carry-all that he hauls the saws on and uses the bucket for wood. He's slowing down on the firewood now, but still runs the White in and out of the woods a bucketful at a time...

Honestly my grandfather bought it new back in the day. He never really showed me how to run it and I inherited it. Its a Ford 1100. Runs good but the hydraulic control leaks like a civ, don't know if someone here knows how to fix that but it's a major problem on it.

Oh I keep fluid in there. It's the same resivor as the transmission just keep dumping fluid in there. I'm sorry if I have derailed this from the og thread.
If you think tractor maintenance/repairs are a derail in this thread you may be surprised what is discussed in here :dizzy:. It's all good though :clap:.
So to keep on topic... I scrounged the other mouse a few mins ago :happybanana:.
I still have enough peanut butter left on there for at least one or two more :).

H

Honestly my grandfather bought it new back in the day. He never really showed me how to run it and I inherited it. Its a Ford 1100. Runs good but the hydraulic control leaks like a civ, don't know if someone here knows how to fix that but it's a major problem on it.
Should be able to pull the controls as part and install new orings...not much different from a splitter spool.

These pc’s that are a PITA to split are great for shoulder season. I end up with a few of them the axe just cant do. In the mid 40’s during the day so i dont need a HOT fire. One of these big ones with the damper full or almost full open and she burns slow long and not super hot.

This is a highly valuable pc of black walnut that has been split for 2+years.

About 1 min in she lights up! I wont lie. Black walnut has a sweet smell to it as soon as you lay it on the coals. I know i know its “poison” or something. Whatever[emoji849]
6dcf1e960c215de1c52294ad144f0e0f.jpg

BC, in the liberal enclave of Vancouver. By the time parents can accept their 'wokeness' and liberal ideals might not have been optimal for raising children, or at least not if not accompanied by the requisite skill sets and ability to drop their freak'n ego's long enough to do what's best for their kids, it's too late for the kids, and the liberal state they once held aloft as the answer to everything just shrugs its shoulders and looks the other way.

BC , our left coast Lol

Been a busy day here.

-Hauled almost a cord and a half of wood this morning
-Changed the oil and rewired the Tommy lift on the truck. Also washed the engine bay to see where the PS fluid is leaking.
-Loaded up the old water heater and a load of garbage to go to the dump in the morning.
-Blocked off the vents under the house for the winter
-Put away canopy and cushions from patio sets.
-Pulled a valve from my shower so I can get new handles.
-Cleaned some ducks and put them in marinade.
And finally, fired up the boiler.

0E6D4758-945B-42F0-BC47-0764A5940128.jpeg 56FD9246-A7A9-42B4-88AD-D92487C9A774.jpeg C4F969B8-679E-4A39-B6F9-404AFECC2A42.jpeg 5A92AA6F-92DE-4F9A-8D3E-E7B440BEBAA8.jpeg 00479FDF-46A9-417D-AE42-A7EB9715ABE2.jpeg B79AFDF9-B36E-4672-8A49-D7629D72432B.jpeg 328B1AF1-8D0D-48F7-B579-0B3BE0614002.jpeg 9C796724-2388-423E-AA90-65BBE5E08553.jpeg

Im dying of laughter right now[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My son (4 years old) broke the flushing handle on the toilet. I saw it and the “light” came on instantly!!

I knew just want to do. I had the spare parts[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Been a busy day here.

-Hauled almost a cord and a half of wood this morning
-Changed the oil and rewired the Tommy lift on the truck. Also washed the engine bay to see where the PS fluid is leaking.
-Loaded up the old water heater and a load of garbage to go to the dump in the morning.
-Blocked off the vents under the house for the winter
-Put away canopy and cushions from patio sets.
-Pulled a valve from my shower so I can get new handles.
-Cleaned some ducks and put them in marinade.
And finally, fired up the boiler.

View attachment 770328 View attachment 770329 View attachment 770330 View attachment 770331 View attachment 770332 View attachment 770333 View attachment 770334 View attachment 770335
I was going to post what I accomplished today but I think you win the prize!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

My son (4 years old) broke the flushing handle on the toilet. I saw it and the “light” came on instantly!!

:laughing:

Wife and I were out playing ball with the dog Sat. afternoon and the wife come up to the deck and says i found this old jug handle in the yard. (We find pottery shards and stuff all the time.) I heard a noise Tues. when i drove the F150 through the yard but only for a minute. Turns out it was the bottom of my coil spring on the truck.:angry: Googled for some info and found out it's more common than I would have guessed.:wtf:
20191103_124638-jpg.770309

Wife and I were out playing ball with the dog Sat. afternoon and the wife come up to the deck and says i found this old jug handle in the yard. (We find pottery shards and stuff all the time.) I heard a noise Tues. when i drove the F150 through the yard but only for a minute. Turns out it was the bottom of my coil spring on the truck.:angry: Googled for some info and found out it's more common than I would have guessed.:wtf:
20191103_124638-jpg.770309
Don't mention springs, I had all four of mine broke loose from the axles this weekend fixing the POs screw ups.

Thats gonna be a viral vid rite there

Latest posts

Back