2017 MS362C module replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlD

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Morning guys
After 18months of hard use the module on my 362c has started playing up. Randomly the saw will stop on WOT. The Stihl tech says the module is faulty and needs replacing. They are looking into the cost of a new one but I’ve heard nothing yet.
Any of you guys have a lead on anything. I have found nothing AM...the closest being this one on eBay but I don’t think it’s compatible:- https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/282868694584
I’m not averse to using AM for this application if such a thing exists. I’m also happy to buy a used one as long as it is 100%...which is probably impossible to verify.
Here are some pics of the old module from my saw
04AAED29-3F1C-4EBB-A26F-1634C152AF92.jpeg D5E56D69-8BE5-4EDA-8C46-1DCCA7F04B79.jpeg
Thanks in advance
Karl

You can`t use the one on ebay, it is a ignition module. Could you please give us the serial number of your saw. There are differences with the control units (older newer, etc.)
Will do mate, just nipped out for some nammit will be back at you within 30 mins :clap:

You can`t use the one on ebay, it is a ignition module. Could you please give us the serial number of your saw. There are differences with the control units (older newer, etc.)
Here it is
E074DC4B-BC16-4F3D-BE5A-7CA13611B37D.jpeg

Thank you for the information. A replacement control unit for your MS 362 C-M is 1140 400 4703. You have to use the old calibration method if you have changed the control unit. Let it run for at least 90 sec in cold start mode and after that switch it off without pushing the throttle trigger.

Thank you for the information. A replacement control unit for your MS 362 C-M is 1140 400 4703. You have to use the old calibration method if you have changed the control unit. Let it run for at least 90 sec in cold start mode and after that switch it off without pushing the throttle trigger.
Thank you; I’ll have a quick look on the net for the part/price/AM equivalent and wait to hear what the Stihl dealer gets back to me with. Thanks for the help :bowdown:

Also, I’m sure it makes no difference but everything on the saw says it is a ms362c...no m on the end. It is definitely moronic though

Not sure what warranty is in the UK but check as it might be a warranted part for up to 2 years from puchase.
Good idea, I’ll look into it. I expect the part I need is going to be about £80 so it would definitely be worth doing

I just added a link to my previous post Karl.
Thank you Steve.
I’ll get into it with the dealer; I put plenty of money his way so he should look after me. Your link says 1 yr warranty for professional users, which won’t help me, but then says 2 yr on ignition module, which might, if the part I need is classed as one, which I guess it is. Fingers crossed

Modules on these older saw you can not kill. On these newest saws they are a very high often maintenance cost. You better grin and enjoy those new saws while running because that spiffy lean out to the max is costing. In the end you cut a little more with the new, but when you figure total cost may come out in the hole. I like my 036 s and MS360 saws. My simple MS361 is nice also at about a pound less than new com-parables. On the coil might at well bite the bullet at around $150 and go new...

Modules on these older saw you can not kill. On these newest saws they are a very high often maintenance cost. You better grin and enjoy those new saws while running because that spiffy lean out to the max is costing. In the end you cut a little more with the new, but when you figure total cost may come out in the hole. I like my 036 s and MS360 saws. My simple MS361 is nice also at about a pound less than new com-parables. On the coil might at well bite the bullet at around $150 and go new...
Totally agree...I’ve just rebuilt my old 038S so that I can put some of the newer saws into retirement. Also going to rebuild an old 200t as a spare so that my two 201t’s can also be left at home. Old saws ftw

Latest posts

Back