Having two 2100’s got me the job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was getting injections every winter when the ivy plant is dormant. One must becareful there’s poison ivy dust all around the vine. But if I got it the doctor gave me pills to dry it up. Between the pills and lava soap it dried up much quicker.
Ticks and poison ivy is the only negative things to cutting trees.

I got ivy rashes til I was 10 or 12 and stopped getting it. Then around 26 I started getting it again. My asthma and allergies came back too.

First year I started cutting, I intentionally exposed myself to it, raw plant, injured plant to get the oil flowing and I didn't get it. Few years later boom

I got ivy rashes til I was 10 or 12 and stopped getting it. Then around 26 I started getting it again. My asthma and allergies came back too.

First year I started cutting, I intentionally exposed myself to it, raw plant, injured plant to get the oil flowing and I didn't get it. Few years later boom

It’s very interesting how it works. Like I said when I was young it never bothered me. Now I have to do my best to stay out of it. I wonder what was happening before that would cause my body to NOT react to it. But now I do react. I don’t know but it was better when I didn’t.

There was a blow down tree on the bike trail couple months ago. My Dad and I got over to it. Once I seen it I knew Dad was on his own. He actually looked at me and said well you can’t get in here. So I trimmed out around it but he had to do the main part. Tree was literally covered trunk to top in poison ivy. Risk was not worth it for me.

Back