Thinking of buying a blowed husky 272

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outdoorguy1979

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I came across a husqvarna 272 for 50 bucks, its all there minus the bar and chain.

Guy stated the engine is blown up if I buy it what big bore kit can I put in it? Shipping is a killer at 42 bucks but I'm thinking its worth it

Any opinions and advise thanks

This is going to be my camp and personal use saw. Any recommendations on a cylinder I going to use caber rings

I purchased a huztl / farmtech new 372 complete engine to change out my seized saw I purchased. I got the flywheel everything else should fit.

Hmmm... prime 100% Chinesium!!!

Give the chinesium time there quality will improve. I wonder with there technology were it is if there manufacturing cylinders for the saw makers? Do to cheapen costs and production using am parts to save $$$?

Just say no to chinese ****. Clean that OEM jug with the method of your choice and buy a Meteor piston for it.
What Tim said. If saw is worth rebuilding, why not rebuild it correctly and put it to work, or if selling, you know it was done right. Than again, if you like rebuilding, buy that $30 junk and learn why it only costs $30. I would rather find a nice clean used oem p/c at a reasonable price and install a new ring.

Cheap chinese works if you're buying body parts--clutch cover, muffler, and such--where a slight lapse in fit or quality won't greatly affect things. But for critical engine parts I wouldn't send $1 to China.

In regards to Chinese parts, it depends on the saw, and the parts in question.

The Chinese external parts usually fit but usually aren’t the right color. Not a big deal for a work saw.

I’ve used a few Chinese P+C but you just need to check them over before assembly.

I buy them fix them sell them what I've found so far
Husky 272 50 bucks
Husky 394 waiting on pics
Stihl 025 40 bucks

I'm just waiting on the guy to buy my 460 he should be here soon.
I also have a husky 61 but it's in parts and I cracked the crankcase found one on ebay for 30 so I'm turning that one into a 272.

Last question what could I get out of these saws

Don’t buy Chinese parts but what isn’t made in China as the oem parts are running out.

I’m going to try, when I get the time a new 372 huztl engine in my 372xp saw while I build the orginal oem 372 engine. I’ll mic the piston and bore to see if it’s within spec. Then it’s the start up lube we use, then the breakin.

Back