Husky 359 price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkie62

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Looking at a local 359 for sale. have not looked at it yet. Guy wants 300 for it. Looks super clean and not even much bar wear. Does 300 sound fair ? Was going to offer 250 to start and go up to 275 or maybe the 300 if it cuts good and is clean as it looks.

I got a 359 recently and ran it for the first time yesterday. Was not impressed. Sounded mean, but didn't cut to back it up. Might be the dog ear safety chain on it but my 340 ran circles around it.
They're junk. Dump it ASAP. How much will you take for that heap of garbage?

Probably not right... Was afraid to look at the carb boot clamp. To the bench it goes....
I paid $250 running with an extra chain.
TimberWolf530, based on the "internet erection lasting more than 4 hours" surrounding them I expected to be blown away with a sharp chain and fresh gas.

Probably not right... Was afraid to look at the carb boot clamp. To the bench it goes....
I paid $250 running with an extra chain.
TimberWolf530, based on the "internet erection lasting more than 4 hours" surrounding them I expected to be blown away with a sharp chain and fresh gas.
Yah, I'd be pissed too if I paid $250 for something that got out-cut by a 40cc box store saw.:laughing:

I built a nice 359, ported, transfers smoothed, base gasket delete, and muffler modded. Ran decent, if you let it feed itself with a nice sharp chain it'd cut very fast. Not the torque I wanted though, my 6401 is it a bit stronger so I sold the 359. I could only get $250 for it, probably because most don't want to touch a modded saw unless they know builder first hand.

I built a nice 359, ported, transfers smoothed, base gasket delete, and muffler modded. Ran decent, if you let it feed itself with a nice sharp chain it'd cut very fast. Not the torque I wanted though, my 6401 is it a bit stronger so I sold the 359. I could only get $250 for it, probably because most don't want to touch a modded saw unless they know builder first hand.
The 2159 I had that Mike Toath did was fast and had tons of torque with full 20" bar cuts in hard wood. Still the most impressive ported saw I've had.

Did you purchase that 359? :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

have not had time to go look at it. 13 hr shifts and my outdoor wood boiler down for new underground pex and inside work. Plus only 1/10 of my wood split for season. I have no other heat than my indoor woodstove which is only good for 1800 sq ft and I am heating about 3000 sq ft. Snow coming for thur nite.

Back