Husqvarna 55 I can't kill it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea , but that wont give you a good reason to buy a nu saw now would it?

Waiting on an spring for my new to me h 281. Can't wait to put that in some wood. Got a new oregon bar/chain for it. Cad

Yep, very durable saws. What year is it? I have a 1985 model 50, still running strong. I did tear it down once and clean the carbon from the piston and cylinder, rebuilt the carb, new fuel line, new air filter, new clutch and rim sprocket and opened up the muffler.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Waiting on an spring for my new to me h 281. Can't wait to put that in some wood. Got a new oregon bar/chain for it. Cad
Working on that 50 and finding this site was what started my CAD. It was my only saw for 30 years. Now I have 7 and don't even burn wood anymore.

Working on that 50 and finding this site was what started my CAD. It was my only saw for 30 years. Now I have 7 and don't even burn wood anymore.

There is a good reason why you need multiply tools to cut wood in to several small pieces.

If the 55s are like the 61s they are one tough saw. My uncles 61 has been used for a long time and just keeps going.

they were neat saws. Super simple design. But famous for air leaks around the intake boot. Why did Husky build such a good crankcase and top end and then use a goofy intake setup for so many years?

Back