The guy that bought my 266xp just disappeared.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I listed my 266XP for sale in the trading post. After a couple of guys messaged me to tell me I was asking too much I had someone show actual interest. He was a younger guy with only a couple posts on the forum regarding porting but he agreed to my asking price and paid in full via paypal. I boxed the saw up and let him know I would get it shipped it out to him. He asked, before I shipped it, if I did any porting as he wanted to get the saw ported. To which I responded that I didnt. So i shipped the saw. A few days later I messaged to make sure the saw made it ok and he never responded. I still havent heard another thing about it. I checked his post count and he's still not very active on here. I just thought it was sort of strange.

I sold a rather nice 630 S II not too long ago. Buyer didn't dicker on price, commented how nice it looked, and I never heard another thing. Kind of would like to know that it is still running good for them now that we are in firewood season, but I doubt I will hear from them again.

Yes, it went USPS priority.

I would just have liked to know he was happy with his purchase.

I sold an 066 to a guy one time - I didn't hear anything after he paid and I shipped, got confirmation of delivery from UPS.

I decided to send him a message three months later - his wife answered. The poor guy had died a few days after getting the saw.

He had heart attack while out working his fields. Hopefully that didn't happen to your guy.

No Gnus is good Gnus with Gary Gnus. That just popped in my head when reading the post, sorry. Blast from the past. I'm a get it and forget it kind of guy but I would respond if asked. If he's not hounding you I would assume he's happy.

I guess I’m one of those guys. Bought a 044 on here last year and haven’t been back much since although I do like the forum. Sometimes folks just have other things going on.

Latest posts

Back