555 or 562XP Yes, I'm sorry, another one...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Saw For My Usage

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ring, ring, ring, get the phone will ya? did someone say 266/268 awesome saws back then and today.

I picked up a like brand new or used very little husky 268. The stop switch was broke it had three detents. Off then nothing, push one more time she ran awesome. I’m thinking the PO couldn’t figure it out. Even a blind squirrel can find a acorn sooner or later.

It’s going to depend on bar length, to get up to a 32 you need a large if you don’t then a small can go up to a 28.

What part of Oregon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for that information. I will never need anything bigger than a 24". Anything larger than that and I will be hiring someone.

Only in Portland, but I made it around to most parts. Did a lot of exploring. If I had unlimited funds I would have a second home out that way...

I recently bought a 562 and so far I am impressed. All the issues I had with the 550 are not here with the 562.

I had a screw stripped in the front cover to hold the bar adjustment assembly in. Swapped it out and that was the only hiccup.

Starts great, runs great and pulls much much harder than the 550. I can run a 28 on this saw with a full skip.
I broke mine in milling frozen pine, she’s a trooper, went through two tanks that day.
The large bar mounts are best for me cause that’s what most of my gear is.
If you don’t have a collection of bars, I think the 562 is a good choice and you can stick with large bar mount system.

Also I just have to say again that the difference between 50 and 60cc is night and day, especially on a 20” bar which is your typical firewood users length. I would not go to a 50cc for the difference in money

Of all the saws I own I seem to grab my 562xp more often then not.

Its pretty light, sips fuel and its almost as fast a 70cc and is probably the smoothest saw I've ever run.

Its a great saw.

If you're mostly cutting oak, you probably want more power and should go for the 60cc.

If you do plan on buying a 550xp, you may want to consider the 572xp instead. I have a 550 and 555, and they are close in displacement. I find myself grabbing the 550xp more frequently. I am only a seasonal cutter to fill the wood shed though. The 550xp does fast work on cedar and fir with 21LPX chain.

If you are set on 50cc and 60cc pair I like the idea of 550 / 555 because they can use the same bars. Not really much advantage of the large bar mount on 20" that I am aware of.

555 vs 562, I'd say get the 555

Back