Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is the leak? Reason I ask is these saws have an aluminum plate concealed against the PTO side just expoxied in. Makes up the entire right hand side of the tank. If mine started leaking at that epoxy joint, I would just Redkote the inside, seal it up. Don't try to remove the plate, you'll just tear it up. If you punched a hole in the tank, jbweld or a replacement. I have a NOS tank for the future.

bottom of both tanks covered w/jb. guessing cracks under it.
thought bout redkote, just to make a useable runner.

healthy saws. had 3270s. never got my end of trade deal for it. wish i still had it... + not looking to open that can o worms here.

Sounds like you wouldn't need it, but you may have to plug off the primer fitting on the tank. Some use a plastic tube with compression fittings on the right side of the air box goes to the tank. Others have a cap on the fuel filter in the air box with a 2nd fitting that supplies the primer. And, of course, the 3270SC doesn't have a primer.

WOW ! You fellas have sure kept this thread going,that's great ! I have sold most of my Pioneers except for a P29 and P41 and I have I think all the parts to put together a brand new P29 . Anyway that's for another time when I can get to it . So just checking in as I had to post something up in another Forum on here . Hope your all doing well !
Western Saw

Hey, i got the husky 2100! its a 1984 and i was wondering if anyone out there would have the plastic engine and air filter cover that is not broken, and be interested in selling them. Thanks

I need some help. I have a 36” and need a chain. I can’t seem to figure it out. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
I need some help. I have a 36” and need a chain. I can’t seem to figure it out. Thanks for the help

According to a Pioneer bar and chain list, their 36" bars of the era use 108DL chains. That said, when dealing with these old saws, it's best to fit loops to the bar directly. In other words, lay the chain around the bar and mark the length. Nowadays, manufacturers stick to standard DL counts, more or less. When that 650 was new, not so much. Modern 36" bars use around 114DL, give or take.

Chris B.

My 3200 primer was all there but the check valves didn't work, I just took the whole thing off and put it away. I used a snap in primer bulb and made a little plate that it mounts in. Might be my easiest starting saw, but its easy to flood.

Latest posts

Back