Underwater chainsaw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few teams over here use those compressed air saws for native log recovery in the sounds of the West Coast of the South Island.
Strict rules and regs now cover falling and milling of native timber species over here, most of the submerged timber in the sounds fell out of National Parks- which are a no go area with a power saw!
They end up underwater after land slips and the like, anyone that has visited the area will know the steepness of the natural Fiords carved out by glaciers many moons ago.
Once the timber is off the land and in the water- it is no longer covered by protection laws, so if you can dive and run one of these saws...........

A water-cooled chainsaw that needs no chain oil and should last a lifetime... there were a number of pneumatic chainsaws made over the centuries and probably still are.

I was wondering about that water cooling... The motor will probably be ok, but do you think they use bar oil on the chain? Water would do a poor job of lubricating the B/C.... Anybody in the know?

I was wondering about that water cooling... The motor will probably be ok, but do you think they use bar oil on the chain? Water would do a poor job of lubricating the B/C.... Anybody in the know?
I don't know, so I am speculating.... perhaps they run a water based lubricant. Imagine the funny looks they receive when they bring the BIG bottle of KY to the job site.

Lol thought I’d seen everything!!

Looks to be hydraulic, fascinating.

Good commercial for Oregon haha

Latest posts

Back