Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No ants seen at my camp either this weekend but as you said some flies started in the sunshine. Moved my firewood pile as it was stacked against the small camp and I am about to start jacking that. Went with my friend John and looked at some creative iron work to do on a big old fireplace that needs some TLC. Something to do in the spring perhaps. Island JOB for pay!!!
Skiff was on bottom as suspected again......put the 225 Hoss power bailer to work, then after we got all the supplies ashore, hauled it up on the ledge and let it dry overnight. Found a hull rupture, did some grinding and glassing thinking I had found the issue. Put it ovahboard yesterday when ready to leave and water was entering just as fast as before!!! Fortunately having it dry inside for once I spotted the culprit......a delamination just under the center seat. I'll repeat the process next trip out.....left plenty mat and resin out there. Reality is.....skiff is probably safer on bottom out there this tyme of year than afloat!!
Fired up the island 49sp and bucked up some dry apple I had and added that to the night time firewood pile and then went down of the shore a bucked up a cedar drift tree that had come ashore all wound up in cut off lobsta buoys and rope. Junked it into 2 foot pieces and limbed it so it would go away on the next tide and not pound on the camp or become entangled in muh outhaul....

d3bdbbcea04e55a723b5be5918267e2f.jpg

Only good thing I can think of about sticking out further into the Atlantic Ocean up here is we get less snow and it usually comes a good bit later. If we get it this time of year it melts off quick.

Yeah this isn't gonna stick around.............(he said hopefully).....don't know if it snowed on the island but sea temp is stihl in the 50's so if it did it won't be around long.......if it doesn't get replaced!! I'll know by this tyme tomorrow. Gonna be an interesting two-three weeks out there....

Hey John!!! Wanna come up and help me cut up some wood....only 8 cord and it's a beautiful afternoon here in West Igloo.....we be done before dark...in like three hours...stay plenty warm running saws....I'll even loan ya one so you don't have to drag one up here.....See??......I'm almost as nice as Danny.....

IMG_0473.jpg

8 cord would sure keep you warm nuff cutting it up. But it sure looks ugly there right now. Guess I better pass on yer offer. LOL
Your learning bad tricks from Danny. LOL
LOL....you know the old saying.........."Misery Loves Company"!!

That squall that went through I took the pic of........the bride sent me a text and pic just after......she had walked the dogz up on the mountain where we live (earlier pic) and got caught in that squall up there.......higher altitude with not much to break the wind added to the pleasant sensation....I think that's what she said....LOLL!!!!

LOL....you know the old saying.........."Misery Loves Company"!!

That squall that went through I took the pic of........the bride sent me a text and pic just after......she had walked the dogz up on the mountain where we live (earlier pic) and got caught in that squall up there.......higher altitude with not much to break the wind added to the pleasant sensation....I think that's what she said....LOLL!!!!
I bet she had plenty to say bout getting caught out in that crap. LOL

Back