Mini Mac 110 brake handle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skybolt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Howdy.
Recently scored a mini 110 in good shape BUT it needs a brake handle. Does anyone have an inside source for parts? I found one on E bay but damn its pricey!

Agreed. I bought the saw for $25!
If you decide to pass it along gimme a shout plz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why bother with a chain brake at all? Most of these saws are used with one hand, in which case the brake is useless. I have removed all the brake mechanism from my small fleet of Minis (saves some weight), except for one that I loan out and for it I cut off most of the brake handle and just left about 6" of it, thinking it would make the user feel a little safer. These little saws have the biggest, ugliest handle I've ever seen.

Definitely something to consider! And they are a bit hideous..

I just bought one an hour ago for 45$ as a project. Don't know if it runs but it seems to be in good shape. Probably need to fiddle around the carb since it hasn't ran in a while. If I ever give up on the project I will let you know if you need parts.

Cheers

Well....turns out my 110 isn’t as nice as I though. This thing is done! She came missing a low speed adjustment screw, no chain/bar tensioning screw and nearly zero compression. I did get it to fire up but she’s noisy, sounds like the rod is gonna come out. Time for the scrap pile!

Back