038 STIHL. Dealer parts book doesn't show part needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dls

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 038 AV. Serial number is 7569675. I need the nylon piece that goes around the boss cast on the clutch side that the chain break lever rests against. I spent an hour at the dealer, 2 parts men, then 3 hours at home and cannot find the part listed or pictured. Dealer cannot find it or a part number. Dealer computer also says my serial number does not exist. I am not a member of any picture storage service so it appears I cannot attach a picture here. It is an oval shaped nylon piece that slides over part of the casting . About 1/2" high and maybe 3/4" long and maybe 3/16ths inch thick. Thanks

In your pictures above, you can see the kind of squashed oval shape piece of nylon that the lever the handle hooks to rests against. The nylons slides over a cast part of the clutch side housing. Does anyone know where I can find one? Dealer parts book does not show it and dealer says my serial number does not exist according to their computer. d

Above taken from the other 038 chain break thread atm.

See the attached pdf: is it part #17?

Attachments

• 038AV 1982 ipl chainbrake parts.pdf
    81.7 KB · Views: 9
Do you mean that sealing washer in the drawing? (part 17) I think you mean that according to your other post. If this is the part that you mean it is part no. 1117 162 8906.
View attachment 771531
No, mine is not like the picture with part 17. That system is what the parts book shows at the dealer. I do not have a picture taking phone nor phone with internet. I see no pictures in this thread like my parts. I understand from guys on another forum that mine is an out dated design and everything in the chain brake system has to be swapped out together to the newer design like the design in of all the parts in your do it yourself page. Pins are different lengths. Heavy gauge parts in mine are stamped tin now so all has to be swapped to fit including the cover. Components cannot be mixed.

Latest posts

Back