whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice day for killing scrawny little dead ash trees. Just me and my ground dude. So nice having zero tail swing working next to a house like this. Driveway was sweet too with a nice spot to swing brush in with my mini... er,, Giant.:)
View attachment 770156
View attachment 770157
View attachment 770158
View attachment 770160

Looks like groundie is still throwing logs over the shoulder......not enough plywood to get the giant-mini to the drop zone? Or maybe hes bored? Or training?
:muscle:

Looks like groundie is still throwing logs over the shoulder......not enough plywood to get the giant-mini to the drop zone? Or maybe hes bored? Or training?
:muscle:

Lol. That dude is an animal.

House is dug into the backside of a steep hill that doesn’t really dry out (and we had a lot of rain recently) just beyond the lift, so not worth even trying to bring anything up there (think swamp). I might bring my tractor to winch a few logs down to grappling range. But is easiest just to make piles and then grab them and chip later. These are small piles but we had some huge ones going. 60” boss grapple picks entire pile up without leaving a stick and gently places on chipper tailgate, then feeds. All whilst chatting on the bluetooth from my climate controlled enclosed cab. The whole thing is a rather European, tea sipping type affair really (think Tree Service of the Future). Lol.
25007DCD-684E-4CDB-B1E6-69DCB693EE7C.jpeg

let my trainee get her first climb in today approx. 65' up 3 funny looking trees owned by a private individual but they needed an inspection and we are the only ones around that climb and have the proper gear for it.

IMG_20191104_124148.jpg

IMG_20191104_124158.jpg

Tractor worked sweet to winch things into reach of grapple. Its not everyday I use both machines, but when I do it’s pretty slick. This is just brush, but we had 35’ logs coming off the plywood road and into chipper. Was actually fun. :)

I’m starting to get used to mid morning starts (by the time everything is set up and what not) and then just annihilating everything in sight.
819099E8-41BC-4621-96B9-D6395A379214.jpeg
0E720968-33BE-44CB-AD14-888BB85E3BD6.jpeg

64f36c1a1e9b576fac71f234fc2000f3.jpg

Dead ash removal. Left the wood but I forgot how the dust makes me gag.

Tractor worked sweet to winch things into reach of grapple. Its not everyday I use both machines, but when I do it’s pretty slick. This is just brush, but we had 35’ logs coming off the plywood road and into chipper. Was actually fun. :)

I’m starting to get used to mid morning starts (by the time everything is set up and what not) and then just annihilating everything in sight.
View attachment 770666
View attachment 770667

My chipper would love to chomp on that load. Where is the old tractor and slip scoop?

No he is long gone. In the summer I had been telling him not to shoot so high with the Wraptor anchor line. He did not listen and I was in front yard and went in back when he started up on it. I got to the tree and heard what sounded like a loud gun shot. We both knew what that was and he gunned the Wraptor. I would have rappelled were I him. The stem he was attached broke and he was free falling at about 65 feet. He tried to grab another limb with his arm pit but that tore out too. I thought I was looking at a dead man falling but at about 3 feet from the ground his climbing line snagged on something and he slowed to a stop. He was all scratched up...but alive.

Think he probably schit his pants as he had to take the rest of the day off and called his girlfriend to pick him up. I finished that tree and the schit he broke and did the huge pin oak for dead wood next to it too. Cleaned em both up by myself. *****.

I could tell stories about this guy for an hour but not worth the breath. Amazing he isn't dead tho.

I just started a new kid today. No experience with trees (yet) but class A CDL holder at 19 years old, which is pretty impressive. So far he seems like a good kid. Too soon to tell really though, obviously. Time will tell. I hope it doesn’t go the usual way. Lol

Anybody looking for a real sharp ground doggie there is one available out here in Cinci....View attachment 771166

God... he looks like one of those Bartlett wannabe arborist nerds. Lol

That must be what they do when they’re not talking bs to people about how precious and irreplaceable their ratty assed trees are.:laugh:

Do you still have that Terex and the porty lift? Tell me about that truck after Stubs?

Yeah, I have the lift and the terex. That pic was yesterday. We ran out of height with the bucket and had to grab the lift for the top and whatever else the bucket couldn’t reach (I ended up using it to bring the trunk down to flopping height too). It would’ve been a pita to climb even if we wanted too.. and it was cold as hell.

What did you want to know about the bucket?

Latest posts

Back