Chainsaw Dyno rework finally complete and ready for some mod testing.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing more testing tonight so I'll get to play with the o2 sensor more. I tuned the saw with a bar and chain and had it four stroking. I put it on the dyno and it ran smooth under loaf and I could hear it four stroking when it wasn't under load. I had a reading around 13.1. I then was reading that a two stoke is tuned best between 12.5 and 13.5 on cycles.

Never hear from you.

This is cool stuff. I can't wait for you to try different fuels. ie: non-eth unleaded, e10, 100 av fuel, tru fuel, etc. Really looking forward to "hearing about" this stuff.

Didn't think about that. I can get true fuel at work and 100 10 mile away

When you are pulling down a load, have someone squirt some bar oil right into the chain channel and see what difference that makes, besides the big mess. I too am excited to see what the difference between fuels will be.

Quote : Duane(Pa), This is cool stuff. I can't wait for you to try different fuels. ie: non-eth unleaded, e10, 100 av fuel, tru fuel, etc. Really looking forward to "hearing about" this stuff.

Quote: chadihman, Didn't think about that. I can get true fuel at work and 100 10 mile away

Duuude, it was one of the first tangents I was yammerin bout in your build thread.
build dual tanks and a manifold of petcocks with long hose to swap fuels in mid run.
get some real data about fuels and saws!!
{sob sniffle, nobody listens to little ol me.} [ crying smiley face here]

wish i lived close enough to be underfoot and maybe help twist a fitting or two
on this project for you.

When you are pulling down a load, have someone squirt some bar oil right into the chain channel and see what difference that makes, besides the big mess. I too am excited to see what the difference between fuels will be.

The bar oiler is pumping oil already. I turn the oiler setting down the whole way so it doesn't make quite as bad a mess. I let the oil out on the first ever run and things got hot quick so now the saw oiler is always run. It's messy alright. Takes a handful of rags to sop up the oil every run.

The bar oiler is pumping oil already. I turn the oiler setting down the whole way so it doesn't make quite as bad a mess. I let the oil out on the first ever run and things got hot quick so now the saw oiler is always run. It's messy alright. Takes a handful of rags to sop up the oil every run.

Then that part of the testing has already been addressed!:msp_tongue:

Question....

Have you tried a dyno comparison of an MS660 Clone vs a Stihl MS660 by any chance?

It would be interesting to see how the clones stack up.

Question....

Have you tried a dyno comparison of an MS660 Clone vs a Stihl MS660 by any chance?

It would be interesting to see how the clones stack up.
No I have not. Tested a bunch of saws and then quit. The dyno has Been unused for a couple years now. I'd love to see someone put it to use. Somebody make me an offer.

No I have not. Tested a bunch of saws and then quit. The dyno has Been unused for a couple years now. I'd love to see someone put it to use. Somebody make me an offer.
I would love to play around with it but could never afford to make an offer that wouldn't offend you.

I think you need to break it out and play around with it some more. I'm sure somebody will need the new 500i tested.

If you meant where is farm, I'm located in southern Ohio, about an hour east of Cincinnati.

"fixed income" here, So I've got more ideas than I have money in recent years.
But...
I keep thinking that a set up to measure ignition timing advance would be a nice add on for the dyno builds.

For sensors?
Maybe rob a couple of heads from cassette decks or those portable device to cassette deck adapters that you still see in some of the Dollar Stores.
Heck, is there a common and cheap sensor in the automotive world?

Not sure on the software. Probably some things around that could nudged into service.

Back