Check your Holes......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
..... oiler holes that is.
Was just fine for the first 6 rips and tank fills today.
Got clogged up on the last one.... Bad luck mostly I guess.
Did not take much time to cook the tip.
The rest of the bar looks ok... will look more closely at it during repair.

49051722356_dbb1d15db3_b.jpg

49051722371_bc0d4c1cc3_b.jpg

..... oiler holes that is.
Was just fine for the first 6 rips and tank fills today.
Got clogged up on the last one.... Bad luck mostly I guess.
Did not take much time to cook the tip.
The rest of the bar looks ok... will look more closely at it during repair.

49051722356_dbb1d15db3_b.jpg

49051722371_bc0d4c1cc3_b.jpg
I burt up a tsumura once too. Got lazy on sharpening and was just trying to get done fast. That burnt it up real good. What I found out though when i started a repair on it was that the burn was not the metal of the bar browning/burning. It was actually just the plastic film coating on the outsides of the bar that was burning. So when I started cleaning after I found that out I just decided what the hell and I stripp off all the plastic coating on either side. Once I did that I had alot of scratches so i buffed it up from a 600 grit sandpaper all the way up to a 2000 skipping a couple sizes in between. That inspired an entire cosmetic project that I'll be starting a thread for soon when its done. But for now here is the reaults of me sanding and buffing out my burnt tsumurna bar.
bf9689440fac72cb6045051e2c6e2158.jpg

I burt up a tsumura once too. Got lazy on sharpening and was just trying to get done fast. That burnt it up real good. What I found out though when i started a repair on it was that the burn was not the metal of the bar browning/burning. It was actually just the plastic film coating on the outsides of the bar that was burning. So when I started cleaning after I found that out I just decided what the hell and I stripp off all the plastic coating on either side. Once I did that I had alot of scratches so i buffed it up from a 600 grit sandpaper all the way up to a 2000 skipping a couple sizes in between. That inspired an entire cosmetic project that I'll be starting a thread for soon when its done. But for now here is the reaults of me sanding and buffing out my burnt tsumurna bar.
bf9689440fac72cb6045051e2c6e2158.jpg
A before
a8b51b3fa60287dde80ffadb759e1b83.jpg

Back