Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbartruff

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a Husky 445, 450, 455 and a 460.

1000.00 for all for saws. They are brand new from a dealer that wants to get rid of them because he is remodeling his dealership and wants to reduce inventory. I know the 445 can be bought for $200.00 but do not know about individual prices for the other saws. What would be considered a good deal individually for those saws with $800.00 in mind for those three. Or should I just buy the whole lot?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the opportunity to buy a Husky 445, 450, 455 and a 460.

1000.00 for all for saws. They are brand new from a dealer that wants to get rid of them because he is remodeling his dealership and wants to reduce inventory. I know the 445 can be bought for $200.00 but do not know about individual prices for the other saws. What would be considered a good deal individually for those saws with $800.00 in mind for those three. Or should I just buy the whole lot?

Any help would be appreciated.
I would pass, that's alot of money for alot of non xp saws. You dont need that many. Maybe one of them but really they arent anything great. I would say pass it's just homeowner stuff. You can probably get a 450 at lowes for less lol.

I would pass, that's alot of money for alot of non xp saws. You dont need that many. Maybe one of them but really they arent anything great. I would say pass it's just homeowner stuff. You can probably get a 450 at lowes for less lol.

I would pass as well. You don’t need that many non XP that close together and trying to re sell to get some money back will be hard.

Are you planning to do with them? Sell a couple to reduce your investment? Cut with all of them?

Those are decent saws, I really liked my 450. A lot of people talk down about the 4 series Huskys and frankly I suspect many have never ran one.

445 here is about 400$, 450 is about 550$ the 455 and 460 are 650$ each

About 2000$ Canadian for all that brand new.

I think if you were to sell them on eBay individually you may make some money.

Are you planning to do with them? Sell a couple to reduce your investment? Cut with all of them?

Those are decent saws, I really liked my 450. A lot of people talk down about the 4 series Huskys and frankly I suspect many have never ran one.

I have a 450. It’s a good saw. Never had any issues out of it.

You would be lucky to sell any of those saws for 300 here. People just dont want them. I guess it depends where you live but in northern Arizona and the Pacific northwest good luck getting rid of those. They might be amazing but if no one cares no one buys

You would be lucky to sell any of those saws for 300 here. People just dont want them. I guess it depends where you live but in northern Arizona and the Pacific northwest good luck getting rid of those. They might be amazing but if no one cares no one buys

My thoughts exactly.

I actually think it's a good deal overall but are you gonna use them or sell them.

XP's are cream of the crop but are designed for professional and perhaps overkill for personal firewood cutting.

The CC's are fairly close but with 4 saws.....will likely last a lifetime of personal use.
I take 3 saws every time in the field.

Even at homeowner level, Husqvarna is a very formidable saw.

It took me a while to sell a 435 and 455 on craigslist but they did sell. The 455 and 460 go on sale often as refurbs and new which affects the market for you.

I think it will be tough to profit (remember 13% on ebay fees + shipping) and you need average $250 each. If you could talk them down it may then be lucrative. Thats a lot of work for making just a few bucks.

Are they NIB or new on the display shelf? That will also affect value and ease of shipping.

Thanks for all the input, I think I'll pass since I have a 60cc, a 40cc and a top handle echo I use for trimming limbs with.

Thanks for all the input, I think I'll pass since I have a 60cc, a 40cc and a top handle echo I use for trimming limbs with.
Good idea. Sounds like you got it covered, so really only a 372xp or dare I say 390xp would be of use to you :)

Back