Jonsered 2041 project is killing me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small axe 130

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Jonsered 2041 project is killing me! Hey all, I have a jonsered 2041 that I love. A month ago the throttle cable broke. I ordered a new one, but it wasn’t right. Got another one on eBay and it’s perfect. Put the carburetor back on it and it won’t run right..... ran very well prior to cable breaking. Likely this is the original carb, with no rebuild etc. So, my dilemma. A new carb the cheapest I can find is 70$..... a Rebuild kit is $10, which I ordered already. I did do the cheap clean it up take it apart and and spray it with carb cleaner etc. I also put the jets back to factory setting. Starts barely, and quits and soon as you hit the gas. Thoughts? Is the $70 worth it or will the rebuild kit work for me?

Attachments

• 93A1527A-5791-4DFD-B624-832B466201F9.jpeg
    93A1527A-5791-4DFD-B624-832B466201F9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 60760FFB-13D8-4CC8-822B-4785299C9E42.jpeg
    60760FFB-13D8-4CC8-822B-4785299C9E42.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • FB12D634-5C27-49F7-BFF5-4EDCD219B00C.jpeg
    FB12D634-5C27-49F7-BFF5-4EDCD219B00C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Rupedoggy,
I am planning on replacing the fuel line when I do the rebuild. It’s like it won’t get gas, I pulled the spark plug and it’s not wet..... the gasket is clean, no tears etc but I will replace that as well.

I’m going to guess it has something to do with the green gasket between the carb and plastic intake block. If I remember correctly that gasket can go on backwards and block the impulse hole.

If that’s not it then take the plastic intake block off (two screws after carb is off). Check the oval intake boot and the impulse seal on the engine block.

I’m going to guess it has something to do with the green gasket between the carb and plastic intake block. If I remember correctly that gasket can go on backwards and block the impulse hole.

If that’s not it then take the plastic intake block off (two screws after carb is off). Check the oval intake boot and the impulse seal on the engine block.

I was pretty sure I had that on right as the impression lines up with the case but I will check to make sure it is not blocking an impulse hole. TY

No problem. Those intake boots behind the plastic block love to split on these saws.

Could just need to be tuned like Rupedoggy suggested too.

Back