Starting the saw and other engines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I invented the pull start tool after surgery prevented me from starting my small engine tools.
I have provided a few trial models to aging/injured arborists and had positive feedback.
The unit is available at https://www.pullstarters.com and you can see it in action on the site.
Please excuse me 'advertising here' - I'm a start-up business, trying to get some exposure.
Comments most welcome.

Attachments

• New_Puller.JPG
    New_Puller.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
So, I invented the pull start tool after surgery prevented me from starting my small engine tools.
I have provided a few trial models to aging/injured arborists and had positive feedback.
The unit is available at https://www.pullstarters.com and you can see it in action on the site.
Please excuse me 'advertising here' - I'm a start-up business, trying to get some exposure.
Comments most welcome.

Some ideas - not all will apply.

Failing a capacity or desire to undertake aggressive self promotion, speak with distributors, saw shops, dealers. First test the market to see if there is a real demand for your product.

Get a clear well put together (not amateur) video taken by someone with a bit of experience (more the better) of the thing in action and get it up on Youtube and Vimeo. Start a Facebook page and upload your video and link to your Youtube as well. Create a simple one page web site with your contact info and embed the video on your web page. Put your story on the web page and some good photos. Make it simple, punchy and newsworthy. Find out the search terms that people looking for your type of product use and cautiously try out some PPC (Pay per click) at google. Write some articles about your product/story and how your product came about, and place them around on various social media sites. Start a blog on powersaw use/tips/tricks whatever others may be interested in. Focus on how your product solves a problem others have. Become active in groups in the genre that works for your product. Put your webpage, Facebook and Youtube links in every email you send and post you make. Create some buzz around your story etc etc etc -rinse and repeat. With steady effort and a little cash you can generate sales, but you're going to have to be creative and work hard to regularly self promote. If sales start to takeoff, get Shopify or another shopping cart supplier to make it easy for more to order.

I edited my response to be a little more thorough so you might want to refresh the page to view again. Best of luck.

Just saw your wbe page and testimonials- good work!

That is so Cool.

I had a neighbor bring over his completely flooded saw. Initially I didn't know what was wrong, but it took about 80 pulls to work all the gas out and get it to start. My arm was about to fall off. Your invention would have been worth its weight in gold.

I bet shops would love this. For those PITA equipment, this invention could save a few mechanics their mental and physical health.

Comments most welcome.

That is an awesome invention. Good luck with your business venture, I sincerely believe you have a pot of gold in front of you there. I can see that benefitting a broad spectrum of people from builders to mechanics to daily equipment users. Well done!

I’m about ready for one of them.

[emoji106]

Will it start an 80cc plus saw with no decomp? [emoji848]
I have had professional service engineers use the unit for all types of engines without complaint. The unit is very sturdy, made from machined and extruded aluminum. There is a trick in the design in that on the downward stroke a strong bungee cord inside the unit is stretched - meaning that on the pull stroke, power of the drill is assisted by the energy stored in the bungee cord - it makes for a very strong pull when a good drill is attached.
So if you put a good drill on it - I strongly believe it will start that engine. My terms and conditions on the web-site say that I will refund you, no quabbles if you return it to me here in N.Ireland within 45 days of purchase. As this is a good challenge and if you surely do put a decent drill on it, if it does not work for you then I will also pay your shipping costs (to ship it back to me). How does that sound ?

Necessity is the mother of invention, and that is a slick solution. Very creative; I applaud your design.

Back